Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If a card company makes 1/1's and sells them....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
on a website would you still pursue them as if they were inserted randomly into packs? I guess what I am wondering is if a 1/1 is that prized if its not being chased in packs. Just a thought I had after seeing Razor selling cards on Ebay.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
on a website would you still pursue them as if they were inserted randomly into packs? I guess what I am wondering is if a 1/1 is that prized if its not being chased in packs. Just a thought I had after seeing Razor selling cards on Ebay.

If it looks nice yes, I own a Tom Brady mirror gold 1/1 with a sweet piece of a logo from a trade conference and absolutely think it's as nice as some of the mirror blacks I own.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
It isn't as chased (so probably cheaper), but at the same time it is easy for player collectors to find them.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
If it is produced by a legitimate card company and it isn't something like M&M...then yes, and I don't think you could automatically presume that it would go for less. If the company announces the listing date and it makes sense to collectors, the it could go for more than some normal pack pulled parallel.

Card companies should consider this for charitable purposes.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
So there is a market for those cards. Most probably we can agree that these cards made available for sell outright would not sell for as much as a pack inserted 1/1's. I wonder if a company will ever tap into this type of market and if it would devalue 1/1's overall? Thanks guys

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I think 1/1's produced by company's and sold by them is the lowest of the low. Topps has been selling these ridiculous blank back versions on ebay from their Topps Vault. I think this is about the lowest a company can stoop to make a couple of extra dollars.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
What about the "Topps Vault" junk? In either case they don't hold much interest for me if they weren't packed out. The thrill of the hunt is gone
edit-AndruwHRJones read my mind

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
If you are like me....99.9% of my PC singles come from buying off of eBay, FCB, or at a shop/show...If UD makes a nice enough card of Tulowitzki, I'll pay just as much for it as I would a card that some guy pulled from a pack.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Like already said. Topps vault has done this before with blank back 1/1. I did pick up a couple of the Allen Ginter one's for the opening bid 9.99. Some got some real serious action where they would sell for over $100. The A&G ones were also beckett slabbed. Pretty cool looking, you also got a COA from Topps with the card.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Adamsince1981 said:
If you are like me....99.9% of my PC singles come from buying off of eBay, FCB, or at a shop/show...If UD makes a nice enough card of Tulowitzki, I'll pay just as much for it as I would a card that some guy pulled from a pack.

I would have to agree with you on that.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Like already said. Topps vault has done this before with blank back 1/1. I did pick up a couple of the Allen Ginter one's for the opening bid 9.99. Some got some real serious action where they would sell for over $100. The A&G ones were also beckett slabbed. Pretty cool looking, you also got a COA from Topps with the card.

Those seem like more of an error card to me.

I believe the OP means a very nice online exclusive truely unique card or a online exclusive parallel of a card.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
If it's from a reputable card company, I don't care where it comes from. If I think it looks nice, it's good enough for me. So, no sketch cards.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Adamsince1981 said:

+1

If Topps, UD, or DLP ever makes a 1/1 Dawson MLB Logo card, I don't care how they choose to sell it, I'm buying it. And I would have some STEEP competition if it was an auction format.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Absolutely agree. The best 1/1s IMO are parallels released in packs at ridiculous odds - this way they can be appreciated most. 1/1s sold by the company just aren't very interesting and seem to take advantage of the more advanced player collectors, again JMO.

AndruwHRJones said:
I think 1/1's produced by company's and sold by them is the lowest of the low. Topps has been selling these ridiculous blank back versions on ebay from their Topps Vault. I think this is about the lowest a company can stoop to make a couple of extra dollars.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
matchpenalty said:

Those seem like more of an error card to me.

I believe the OP means a very nice online exclusive truely unique card or a online exclusive parallel of a card.

I see what you're saying. I guess if it was distinguishable as being exclusive, then I'd probably be interested if the card was appealing. Heck, some of the eTopps cards are pretty sweet IMO so after further review, it could be done if done right

Members online