Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy With Your Team's Draft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
As a Rays fan, I'm excited about how Day One went.

Nick Ciuffo is one of the top catchers in this year's class, and the Rays are in short supply of them. I'd like to see them grab Jon Denney today, although something tells me that won't happen.

Ryne Stanek was my most pleasant surprise, for sure. I thought there's no way they take him, and then they do. I think he will rebound to becoming one of the top arms in this class, and he can hit 98 on the gun besides. He'll likely start at Bowling Green, although I think he's good enough to go directly to Charlotte.

Riley Unroe is an intriguing middle infielder. Don't see him remaining at short, but I'm hopeful he can. It'll take a 7-figure deal to sign him though, I'm told. C'mon Friedman, pony up!

I don't see the Rays getting any more big names from here on out, but maybe there will be some sleepers who will emerge.

How about your teams? Happy with how things went?

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
From what I've read and heard on the Twitterverse, I am pleased with the Brewers top selection (2nd round - 54th overall) in Devin Williams. We needed more pitching and this guy is projectable and hasn't really grown into his frame. I didn't really know much about him before the draft.

I was happy the Brewers went HS RHP, HS SS, College RHP, College RHP and then took the local kid Josh Uhen from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. The kid was supposed to be the best player in the Horizon League.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
The Orioles drafted 4 catchers, 3 HS catchers at that, including some known for their defense more than their bat. I don't know if that is an optimal utilization of resources, but eh, they know better than me.

VERY happy for my Commodores. Two to the Astros, two to the Tigers. So, two guys whose cards will be cheap, and two guys who get drafted to a contender. Gotta love it.

Members online

Latest posts