Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Customer service from Ebay sellers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I realize that not every seller on ebay can be a customer service guru but a recent transaction has just rubbed me the wrong way.
I bought a cheap Pedro Martinez patch card and the seller sent me the wrong card. Not a big deal, I message him the following:

Hi there,
It looks like you sent me the wrong card by mistake! You sent me a Pedro Martinez game worn shoe card and a Pedro and Nomar dual game used baseballs cards in stead of the Pedro patch card. I'm done the same thing as a seller so I know how easy it is to get stuff switched around. If you'd like I'll send the cards on to the correct buyer if you provide me with their address or I'd be happy to send them back to you. Just let me know ok?
Thanks and take care,
James

He messages me back nearly 24 hours later with this:

this is the other person address i think he got your card Seller Protection address can you send it to him

Josh *********
111 **** Dr
Apt *****
Boston, MA

I mean really? No apology, no offer to pay the shipping, no confirmation that the other guy has my card, and no thanks for helping me out.
Am I being too sensitive here? I've done the same thing and I bent over backward to thank the two guys that I switched their cards.
I certainly don't mind sending the card to the other buyer but I sure as hell don't expect to pay for it out of my pocket.
Thoughts?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I had this samething happen to me. I just sent the card and the guy that got mine sent it to me. Ask him for 2 bucks refund to cover the cost of the shipping to the other buyer.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Wow thats bad. I would tell you to keep the card and refund the purchase price. I have done this before on occasion.

I am trying to be better about responding to best offers faster. Shipping always goes out next day, I think to buyers shipping speed is the most important aspect of a sellers job.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
You hit it on the head when you said not everyone on ebay can be a customer service guru.

We'd all prefer to buy from full-time, certified sellers with something to lose if transactions fall through of course, but we make do with what we got. Its amazing that ebay works as well as it does with regular folks!

Members online

Latest posts