Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets ask cougar dating website to gang vote David Wright for the All-Star Game.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
NEW YORK -- A New York Mets marketing official courted a dating website called CougarLife.com, that pairs older women with younger men, seeking to promote third baseman David Wright's All-Star candidacy.

Wright recently had been named "MLB's Hottest Cub" via a vote of more than 11,000 respondents on the dating website -- topping the likes of Cole Hamels and Matt Kemp.

So a Mets employee approached the dating site, inquiring if it might want to help Wright overtake San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval in NL All-Star voting at third base.

The Mets ultimately got cold feet and backed away from the partnership, the team acknowledged today.

"Cougar Life voted David Wright as the hottest cub," the Mets said in a statement Thursday. "In our effort to expand All-Star balloting to wider audiences, so as to increase votes, we did reach out to Cougar Life. Last year there was a big swing of votes at the end that cost David the starting job. We decided to do everything to make sure that doesn't happened again this year. We ultimately elected to pass. We thank whoever leaked this to Deadspin for increasing awareness of #VOTEWRIGHTNOW AT METS.COM."

As for being named "Hottest Cub," the recently engaged Wright responded to a reporter:

"Serious? Ummm, I guess it's a nice honor," he said. "Did you guys have to draw straws for who asked that question? I guess I'd like to thanks my parents for the genes."

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
don't see a problem with it. I'd rather have him start in his hometown over Pablo. Not like there is a clear choice @ 3B in the NL like there is in the AL with Miggy.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Oh boy its that time of the year already? I cant wait until the wahhhhhhh my homer didnt make it since no one voted for him topics.

Latest posts