Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

where do you see your collection being at 5-10 years down the road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Well, if I went 10yrs, that would put me at 43 YO.... So I would see my collection being scattered throughout the whole house. But at some point, I will eventually pass my collection down to my daughter.

Ive put a bunch of thought into this exact question the last few weeks!!

Streamlined to only football..

- 2001 Miami hurricane auto rookies
- miami hurricane chrome base-red refractors
- Miami hurricanes that played for the Miami dolphins
- Miami dolphins team set
- Tommie Frazier
- Leonard hankerson
- derron cherry
- Jim Jensen

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I see it drastically decreasing over the next couple months, then the remainder will stay in a box with very little added too it, and all of my sports collecting being mildly focused on in person and TTM autographs.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Stuck with a bunch of Michael Burgess, Justin Jackson, Daniel Moskow, and Matt Laporta cards I can not give away

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Still collecting topps base sets and twins topps base cards.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Hopefully everything will be streamlined down a lot. I will hold on to my Puckett collection but I wouldn't mind downsizing a lot of the other stuff.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I would like to have some display cases up and filled with different items in them. I would like to start adding more higher end cards/autos and maybe dabble into some game-used stuff.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Great question, this thread is already fun to read!

I started collecting my favorite players as soon as I was old enough to open an eBay account. I started prospecting when the money ran out. I fell in love with prospecting and have been doing it ever since. As financial stability and surplus are starting to come into my life (Advocare FTW!), I intend to start getting back to collecting.

My vision is to compile my own list of who I think are the all time top 100 players, and then to scoop up either a copy of their best rookie card or most iconic card. It will be an incredibly fun project to pick all of these up and it may take years to complete 100%. What I'm most excited about is displaying them rather than just throwing them into a box. I intend to build a custom wall display case in our basement to showcase #1-100 in order, which, aside from looking awesome, should always spark some fun baseball discussion anytime we have guests.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In 10 years, my son will be 10 and I hope that he'll be my hobby buddy. If he has interest, I see continued growth in my personal collections (Thomas, Clemente, unopened OPC baseball, odds and ends) and the birth of a personal collection for my son, whomever he'll be interested in.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
For my PC I want it more diverse build around HOF and Hall of Good players starting w 1948 (older than that would be hit or miss) with their RC (vintage in grade 7, new doesn't have to be graded), a jersey card (preferably a patch and a card design I find appealing) , and a cert auto card (on a card I find appealing) for each guy.

Continue the Will Clark , Mike Brown collection filling in holes.

Depending on space there are a lot of large items such as art work/lithos , some statues etc I'd like.

Also id possibly like to dig into game used full uniforms with players that I liked watching play.

And I'd also like to work more on sets that I've always liked such as 96 Leaf Sig Autos, 97 Legacys, some Fleer Great Autos, 97 UD FB Legend Autos, some 05 Prime Patch stuff etc.

So my basic summary is being able to hold onto more of the things i like and collect than just buy/sell. I've got 4 daughters and none interested in collecting so w weddings n college my collection may end up just in my head....

Ryan

Members online