Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Houston Area Craiglist Possible Nice Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
This is not my ad.
I don't have the cash for this so it wouldn't do me any good to inquire.
I thought maybe there was a member here in the area that might buy this.
I am curious to see how good of a deal someone may/may not get, condition of the cards, etc....
500+ cards from the 1950's

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks for the heads up. I emailed him to get a general price range, I'll let you know how it goes. I dont know a lot about vintage so I might be consulting you guys opinions.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
He's considering downhill mountain bikes in trade, which means he probably sees this lot at $3k+, they typically sell in the $2k to 10k range.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I live in Houston about ten miles away from where this person lives
I seem to recall someone coming into a card shop I was in with some dinged up older cards saying they were all in great shape
May not be the same guy but the shop owner passed.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I live in Houston about ten miles away from where this person lives
I seem to recall someone coming into a card shop I was in with some dinged up older cards saying they were all in great shape
May not be the same guy but the shop owner passed.

Which shop? I live in Magnolia and the only decent shop I know about is Houston Sports Connection

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
What a flipping joke. He said the mantle is in there but does not show it in the photo :lol:

And from the listing, this is the part I love the most ::facepalm::

Big lot of vintage cards from the early to mid 50's. Lot includes a 54 Hank Aaron rookie, 56 Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente rookie and many other great players. These cards are not mint, and are not graded.

These belonged to my father and are special to me for that reason alone so I don't want to give them away, but I'm moving soon and looking to lighten the load any way I can. Plus I can use the extra money for moving expenses.

Only trade I will consider is an "all mountain" or downhill mountain bike. If you don't know what that means, then don't offer the Schwinn you have sitting in your garage because it's not what I'm looking for.

Serious replies only and no low ballers. Thanks for looking.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
What a flipping joke. He said the mantle is in there but does not show it in the photo :lol:

It's partially there on the right.

3F33L63If5Gd5K75q8d6g667613fbd6911030.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Guy emailed and said he was looking for around $2k. I told him i was interested and asked to see close up pics of a few of the higher end singles and he said he would send pics tonight. We'll see.....

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Too bad this guy isn't in Baltimore. I recently bought a great looking $1300 Trek mountain bike at a police auction for just $100. I bet I could talk him into that deal.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Without question HSC is the best stock wise, but I live 4 miles from Greg, so it's good for me.

Everyone likes HSC but I've had crappy experiences both times I've gone there. Both time the owner apparently wasn't there and I was ignored by 2 young guys working the store while they talked about their rec league basketball game the entire time. I had $80 in my pocket but bought a few supplies and jetted

Members online

Latest posts