Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on opening ETopps cases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkeyeFan

Jan 13, 2012
Iowa
I have a bunch of ETopps (and some other uncirculated cards) in my collection and some of them have the sticker either cracking or peeling off. I've been toying with the idea of "setting them free" and putting them in penny sleeves and top loaders. Was wondering if anyone else does this or opinions on cracking uncirculated cards in general. Those cases kind of annoy me and the cards just kind of bounce around in there anyway, but I could see how they might lose some appeal if I ever decided to sell or trade them. Opinions?

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I did the same with my all of my eTopps with the exception of my Ryne Sandberg autograph. They look a lot better without that sticker on top of the case.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I've noticed the same thing with those stickers not sticking properly over time. Probably for resale purposes it may look like it's been tampered with. Might be just as well to take them out and put them in top loaders.

I haven't decided what to do with my PC cards, but the holders definitely do not look nice with that sticker coming off. For now they're staying in the cases, but I eventually might send them for grading.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I put all of mine in graded card bags and seal them very tight. This is one of the exact things I wanted to avoid(sticker peeling). It also helps to keep them from getting scratched.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I put mine in a team bag. Ive thought about opening them, but i cant bring myself to do it. And I peel my cards, youd think I would just crack em open, but i cant.

Members online