Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tips On Getting A Large Picture Signed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATLSports

May 11, 2013
I am attending a Chipper Jones signing in the next couple of weeks. Chipper has been a hero to me my whole life and I wanted to get a 20x30 picture (largest costco can print) signed by him to get hung in my house. I was wondering how I should go about getting a picture that big signed. Is there something I should put it on to keep it flat? Any tips are welcome.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I would either try to find a poster tube to roll it up before and after the signing or find some large pieces of card board you can tape together to make a carrier for it.

They make large top loaders for posters if you search around. Not sure if you'd be able to get one dlvd in a couple of weeks. I would use two large pieces of cardboard for the short term. There also should be some 16x20 photos of chipper if you search as well. Not sure if you'll lose some of the crispness and clarity if you blow up a photo at costco. Good luck.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As said, a 16x20 would be easier to find for the desired photo and also easier to get a Top Load for. And later, if you want to, a Frame.

Just be careful to make sure you let the sig dry all the way before putting back in the Loader...

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
20x30 piece of foam board (which is standard size in stores) w/ blue painters tape holding the photo down.

ATLSports

May 11, 2013
Thanks for all the tips. Think im going to go with a 16x20. Cheaper frame and a hell of a lot easier to deal with. Thanks!

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
If you are going to have him sign it on something to keep it flat, don't use cardboard use foam board. Cardboard has ridges in it and foam board does not. If his marker gets caught on a ridge, it'll ruin it.

Latest posts