Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dutch Daulton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Sorry [MENTION=2196]Ashburn Alley[/MENTION], but I just read that Dutch has two brain tumors, and is going in for surgery next week to have them removed. I'll look for the article to link it here, I read it on the 69News app.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Yeah. He was a really nice guy even tho he was a phillie, ;) I know I'm pulling for him

Except to his ex-wives who he beat the XXXX out of.

I loved Dutch as a player. As a person, not so much.

Yes, I am sure those ladies he beat up do not agree that he was a nice guy, but all the times he drove drunk, that was nice that he didn't kill multiple innocent people.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Yes, I am sure those ladies he beat up do not agree that he was a nice guy, but all the times he drove drunk, that was nice that he didn't kill multiple innocent people.

Nah, he just nearly killed himself and Lenny Dykstra.

I loved him in the 80s and 90s as a Phillies phan. . . but the guy had problems, and his post-baseball life was no picnic. I certainly don't wish a thing bad for him, as he was one of my heroes growing up, but . . . he ain't a saint.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Poor guy. Topps is going to rush him sheets upon sheet so of stickers to sign ASAP. I hope Daulton can get back to healthy in peace.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Dutch has seemingly pulled his life together over the last several years, he seemed to be a real whack job after he retired. All of that seemingly drug induced psychic new age mumbo jumbo out of body experiences and stuff. I wasn't aware of the spousal abuse issues but not totally surprised. He's been doing "Talking Baseball with Dutch" on 97.5 in Philly for the last 4 years and I've enjoyed the heck out of it. All of his co-hosts at 97.5 are reeling from the news. Praying for Dutch.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hope everything works out for him. I'm tired of seeing folks die too early, especially ones I remember fondly.

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
I loved him in the 80s and 90s as a Phillies phan. . . but the guy had problems, and his post-baseball life was no picnic. I certainly don't wish a thing bad for him, as he was one of my heroes growing up, but . . . he ain't a saint.

Agreed ... and same can be said of quite a few of the guys on that '93 team probably. Well, except for Kim Batiste. He was probably a saint.
Best wishes to you, Dutch!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
His statement said that Doctors are very optimistic about the small tumor and pretty sure they can get most of the larger one. Overall good prognosis, but we'll know more by Monday evening...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Prayers goes out to him for a full recovery. I cant believe what I was reading through this post. The guy has a MAJOR problem and people mock him. Sure he did a lot of bad stuff in the past but what does that have to do with anything. Well, being everyone who judged him for that I guess never did anything bad ever....

Prayers goes out to him for a full recovery. I cant believe what I was reading through this post. The guy has a MAJOR problem and people mock him. Sure he did a lot of bad stuff in the past but what does that have to do with anything. Well, being everyone who judged him for that I guess never did anything bad ever....

The guy was a nutjob for years. I wasn't mocking I was wondering if this condition was a reason for his unique behavior.

Jan 14, 2009

It has everything to do with it when heaps of praise as to someone's character are omitting the fact that they physically assault a partner.

Hopefully, and I trust this is the case here, anyone judging him in this thread hasn't beat up their wife/spouse/partner. That is drastically different than "having a problem" which I assume, in your example, refers to his alcohol abuse/DUI history. Gushing praise over the "good guy" he is directly invited those posts. Does anyone deserve to go through what he is right now? Arguably, no, not at all. But people tend to forget all the disgusting behavior upon death/illness.

Members online

Latest posts