Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chris Davis just hit his 30th HR of the season ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Serious speculation here, and obviously premature, but.....

If he can break 60, would he be the first since Maris to do so without being linked to cheating?

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Serious speculation here, and obviously premature, but.....

If he can break 60, would he be the first since Maris to do so without being linked to cheating?

That would be nice. Maybe Davis should volunteer to be tested, that would make his chase even more fun to watch should he be clean, which I hope since MLB needs a good story in the wake of all of the new PED stories circling...

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Man, I would love to see Miggy play a majority of his season in those A.L East ballparks.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Is Anderson really VP of Baseball operations in Baltimore? Maybe he's dropping some pointers.

FYI - I'm kidding, people. I don't think Davis is on the 'roids.

Yes he is. I think he went and got some sort of degree in physical science after he retired. He takes many of the O's players, mainly pitchers, in the offseason and works them out hard core....lots of conditioning. He's also in charge of their workouts.

Great article about it here:

New workout facility has Baltimore Orioles ahead of the curve | orioles.com: News

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Man, I would love to see Miggy play a majority of his season in those A.L East ballparks.

I know it's going to sound like a homer here but it's not like Chris Davis is skimming home runs over the left field wall...

He is second in all of MLB (behind Pedro Alvarez) in "no doubter" Home runs - which are HR that clear the fence by 20 feet vertically and 50 feet beyond the fence. His average home run is 407 feet which is pretty damn awesome for 30 HR. Miggy is averaging 405 ft with his 24

Last edited:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The game's about adjustments, the adjustments he made finally allow him to hit like he used to in the minors. Now its up to the rest of the league to adjust.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I know it's going to sound like a homer here but it's not like Chris Davis is skimming home runs over the left field wall...

He is second in all of MLB (behind Pedro Alvarez) in "no doubter" Home runs - which are HR that clear the fence by 20 feet vertically and 50 feet beyond the fence. His average home run is 407 feet which is pretty damn awesome for 30 HR. Miggy is averaging 405 ft with his 24
I wasnt knocking Davis, I was just saying that I would love to see Miggy play a season in those parks. I have seen him hit a lot of balls at Tiger Stadium that would be home runs at a lot of parks that end up being fly outs there.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
gasanimation.gif

Members online

Latest posts