Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Changed My mind about busting wax and snagged 2013 bowman and Prestige singles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
So I went by an LCS while visiting family the other day and was contemplating picking up and busting a box of 2013 Prestige and Bowman. After thinking better of the idea I figured I would spend the same amount but on the singles that caught my eye on eBay. So I set myself up with a $230 limit (Cost of 1 box each of Prestige and Bowman).

I haven't reached that limit yet but I am on my way.

Pick Ups:

Prestige Holokote's (I really like the look of these)
Eddie Lacy Draft tickets/100
Geno Smith Passport /100
Geno smith Draft city destinations /100
Tavon Austin Draft tickets /100
Montee Ball Draft city destinations /100
Mike Glennon Draft city destinations /100

DeAndre Hopkins Draft Pick Rights auto 14/25

Justin Hunter Passport Auto

For the bowman I have snagged these so far:

Tavon Austin Base Ref Auto

Tavon Austin Red Ice Parallel /25

I still Have about $90 left to reach my limit of $230 and this just reaffirms my belief that singles are a far better way to go. I can avoid the dreaded "Event Worn" cards, snag more of the parallels I like and cherry pick my autos.

Thanks for the look.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Some nice cards. I wonder why they use 00 rather than photoshopping real numbers like they used to.

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Yes sir,I rarely bust any boxes. I get an itch every once in a great while. But like you I have found that buying the singles I want works out better than busting boxes. I rarely ever get the nice hit. 1 Box of NT I was able to sell everything for what I paid for the box and have a sweet Marino auto left from the bust. So far I have picked up 2 of the nicer D-Rob Refractor Autos for just over a box price. And by the time I get the Ansah Rainbow done besides the 2 really rare ones (Superfractor/Prism) I will have got them all for less than a box.
D-Rob2013BowmanChromeRedRefAuto_zps62bbf615.jpg
D-Rob2013BowmanChromeOrangeRefAuto_zpsa983378d.jpg

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Added these this morning paid a little more than I would have liked on the Kenjon Barner but I got the Geno at less than the going rate. Averaged out about where I wanted for the pair.

I got the Geno for $37 dlvd and traded it and some cash for an 2011 AJ Green certified mirror blue RC auto /50 and a Julio Jones Certified RC Auto /499

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Singles are always the safer way to go!

And I know they're not that great looking, and it's a kinda confusing product but I've been really surprised by the really low prices on the Bowman singles...

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Singles are always the safer way to go!

And I know they're not that great looking, and it's a kinda confusing product but I've been really surprised by the really low prices on the Bowman singles...

Agree on getting singles of the players you want. Perhaps still bust a few packs like lotto tickets for the big hit potential. Prestige is much improved this year and I'm tempted to pick up some singles but am trying to stay patient for products coming out later, those that have historically held up better with longer term pricing. Bowman is also much improved this year in the design department but at least the helmet signature cards last year had an NFL team logo. I bought some of the helmet signature cards last year but am staying away from Bowman this year. Perhaps others have the same thought process. Also, the cards look too fake (for lack of a better word) with the amount of airbrushing. I'll give Leaf some credit here for using more airbrush friendly images and designs. Again, bring on Elite soon then I'm waiting until next month for the mainstream Topps stuff.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Well i ended up at about $255 total spent and along with those listed above I also snagged these.

These for $23 Dlvd

And this for $13 Dlvd

And I agree there are other products that maintain value but some of these card are so cheap right now that if these rookies do anything and begin to get some recognition the prices of these cards will begin to rise. I too will be buying some of the more enduring brands in the future but November is a long ways off till chrome comes out. Taking advantage of these lower prices prior to training camp has been the key for me so far.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I am starting to get the same thrill from funding a card U am looking for as U got from a pack hit without all the dud packs.

From time to time I will open pack but nothing like in the past. I am really enjoying tracking down my gold's.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Added some more to the pick ups. This Justin Hunter Lot included a red ice parallel 22/25 and a prestige extra points black 5/10 for 22.00 dlvd.

and added this one for 21.45 dlvd

Last edited:

Members online