Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

He just won't quit: Manny Ramriez to the Rangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
We all know Texas is going to wish it ran away from this deal before it ever happened...

tumblr_m0l2jiYhSl1qcw9rdo1_500.gif

even if Manny stays in the minors. Is he really going to be a good influence on those kids?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As a Rangers fan, I have mixed emotions. I used to love Manny before he became a lying drug user.

MLB Network's Harold Reynolds and Brian Kenny were just debating the signing. Kenny says Manny should not be let back in baseball and he's probably still using drugs. He says he stunk with Tampa and the A's in the minors and can only be good now if he's chemically altered.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
You can drop him off in the Far East, and he'll still find his way back.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
We all know Texas is going to wish it ran away from this deal before it ever happened...

I would say it depends on how much money was needed. Hopefully the Rangers didn't pony up more than a million to try.

the Sacto River Cats better send those manny wigs quickly to round rock while they stlll have a few cents in value to them! ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I would say it depends on how much money was needed. Hopefully the Rangers didn't pony up more than a million to try.

the Sacto River Cats better send those manny wigs quickly to round rock while they stlll have a few cents in value to them! ;)

I think he can get pro-rated league minimum. Which is about 500k thus he stands to maybe make half of that?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
As a Rangers fan, I have mixed emotions. I used to love Manny before he became a lying drug user.

MLB Network's Harold Reynolds and Brian Kenny were just debating the signing. Kenny says Manny should not be let back in baseball and he's probably still using drugs. He says he stunk with Tampa and the A's in the minors and can only be good now if he's chemically altered.

I never liked him, but did admire him at one time. he was the best right handed batter of this generation.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Update:

ESPN -- ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers' experiment to revive Manny Ramirez's career is over.

The Rangers released the 41-year-old Ramirez from his Triple-A contract with Round Rock on Tuesday so he can explore other options.

Ramirez played in 30 games for Round Rock, batting .259 with three home runs and 13 RBIs.

"Based on our evaluation, there was not a spot on the club for Manny at this time," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said.

Ramirez hit three homers in his first eight games with Round Rock but hasn't homered since, as scouts reported that his bat speed has slowed down considerably.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
"Based on our evaluation, there was not a spot on the club for Manny at this time," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said.

yes, I guess if you can't hit a triple-A fastball, you can't hit a MLB fastball and thus you are worthless because you aren't going to find Triple-A or MLB pitchers that will purposely feed you a diet of offspeed and breaking balls so you can make contact.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
yes, I guess if you can't hit a triple-A fastball, you can't hit a MLB fastball and thus you are worthless because you aren't going to find Triple-A or MLB pitchers that will purposely feed you a diet of offspeed and breaking balls so you can make contact.

There's always pee wee league

Looking for Alex Rodriguez Cards, PM me.

Members online

Latest posts