Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow Ken Caminiti

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slopho

Aug 7, 2008
Ken Caminiti will have a cut signature card in 09's Sp Legendary Cuts. Ever since this product came out they've had some people who I don't really consider "Legendary" but this decision is amazing. He's not even legendary for the steriods era.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Is Ken Caminiti deceased? If so this is news to me.

When are they going to make cuts of Puckett? I know its only been 3 years and there are still bunches of stickers probably, but I'd still like to add one to my collection

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
slopho said:
Ken Caminiti will have a cut signature card in 09's Sp Legendary Cuts. Ever since this product came out they've had some people who I don't really consider "Legendary" but this decision is amazing. He's not even legendary for the steriods era.

By winning an MVP, going to 3 All-Star games and winning 3 gold gloves, he's more legendary than many cuts that have been in SP Legendary Cuts over the years.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
BowmanChromeAddict said:
ronfromfresno said:
I believe that Caminiti died from complications that might have arisen from his steriod use.

I thought it had to do with his other drug addictions.

Both are somewhat correct. The steroids caused artery and heart issues and then the cocaine put his heart into overdrive. Faulty heart + cocaine = bad.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
wolfmanalfredo said:

When are they going to make cuts of Puckett? I know its only been 3 years and there are still bunches of stickers probably, but I'd still like to add one to my collection

yes, he died of a drug overdose I do believe. Their decision to create a Caminiti card isnt so bad as it is to include it into LEGENDARY Cuts. There are some Cammy collectors out there, but I agree, he is no more legendary than Donnie Moore who committed Suicide...

TK

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
pujolsthomefan33 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

yes, he died of a drug overdose I do believe. Their decision to create a Caminiti card isnt so bad as it is to include it into LEGENDARY Cuts. There are some Cammy collectors out there, but I agree, he is no more legendary than Donnie Moore who committed Suicide...

TK

Are you really comparing a mediocre pitcher to a former MVP? He is likely in this set exclusively because of his MVP. That doesn't mean he was a good person or anything, just that he won an MVP award.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
Im not seeing too much of a problem with him being included into this set. Plus, I dont think he has any certified autos in any product. But i could be wrong.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
rebelsbaseball3 said:
Im not seeing too much of a problem with him being included into this set. Plus, I dont think he has any certified autos in any product. But i could be wrong.

He has some autographs, not tons, but probably around 3000 total.

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
Brett Keith said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

He has some autographs, not tons, but probably around 3000 total.

I was just about to edit what i wrote.. Ya he was included in a couple auto'd sets.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

My friend has been looking for an 84' Topps TTM Donnie Moore forever. :)

Caniniti wasn't lengendary but I remember him being a beast during certain parts of his career.

Career .272 hitter
http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/caminke01.shtml

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Therion said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

TK

Are you really comparing a mediocre pitcher to a former MVP? He is likely in this set exclusively because of his MVP. That doesn't mean he was a good person or anything, just that he won an MVP award.

LOL, I wasnt comparing anyone to anything, I was being sarcastic. My point is, that as a consumer, a product like Legendary Cuts should never include Ken Caminiti as a CUT AUTO, ever. What makes it even worse, is that he has at least 2 that I can think of, on the card AUTOs from 96 Leaf Signature and 97 Donruss Signature both with print runs of probably 1500+ and both can be had for under $30 if memory serves me correctly.

That was more of my point....

TK

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Therion said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

TK

LOL, I wasnt comparing anyone to anything, I was being sarcastic. My point is, that as a consumer, a product like Legendary Cuts should never include Ken Caminiti as a CUT AUTO, ever. What makes it even worse, is that he has at least 2 that I can think of, on the card AUTOs from 96 Leaf Signature and 97 Donruss Signature both with print runs of probably 1500+ and both can be had for under $30 if memory serves me correctly.

That was more of my point....

TK

I understood your point. I was referencing the bolded part.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I like the idea personally, (drug use aside) Caminiti was a pretty solid individual on the field & off and personally I was upset when he left the Astros year's back! I would rather have a cut auto of him then MANY of whom are out there. :D