Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SGC Autograph Certification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm looking at a card that has a SGC autograph certification. How reputable are they in the industry? I know they are well known in the vintage card grading business but this is the first time I see one with auto cert. Thanks in advance!

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
SGC card grading is top notch. As for autographs, they've only been in the authentication game for a few months. Way to early to tell if they will become a top autograph authentication company. From what I've seen the final prices are lower on the market than PSA/DNA and JSA.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Looks like this is a brand new service just launched a few days ago. No wonder I've never come across one before. They're currently having a $10 authentication + encapsulation special to kick start the service. So maybe that's why they began popping up. I think for now I'll stick with PSA/DNA or JSA.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This card has been slabbed auto authentic for a long time.

scan0009-1.jpg

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Gorgeous Musial card George, but that was when SGC and JSA worked together.

Now SGC has formed their own autograph authentication department. No more JSA.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Gorgeous Musial card George, but that was when SGC and JSA worked together.

Now SGC has formed their own autograph authentication department. No more JSA.

Yes, but the is to the casual collector they are not new to the auto authentication game. SGC is known for being strict and their standards will carry over to the autos, whether graded solely by them or in the past with Spence.

Last edited:

Latest posts