Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sonny Gray Called Up to the A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[MENTION=6797]VandyDan[/MENTION] :mrgreen:

Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Athletics will call up Sonny Gray from Triple-A Sacramento.
Gray is expected to be used in relief for the time being, but he could eventually get a shot to start. The former first-round pick has bounced back from a rough 2012 season to post a 2.81 ERA and 107/34 K/BB ratio over 102 1/3 Triple-A innings this season.

Last edited:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Looks like teams are preparing for the loss of players next week. Gray for Colon, Manny for Cruz im sure it will happen a little more in the upcoming week.

If he was being called up to replace Colon eventually, you wouldn't think that they would even mess with him pitching out of the 'pen. I don't think this has anything to do with Colon whatsoever.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I hate it when starting pitchers are called up to be relief. Really kills their "bump" values for the call-ups. Gray seems like he would be a good fit as a starter with that club too. Oh well.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Sorry, I've been moving house the past couple days (back to Baltimore, what what).

What'd I miss here?

Also, he started at VU as a reliever, and DPrice started as a reliever for the Rays. Sonny will start soon (perhaps when Bartolo is unavailable). Also, it was very cool to see him face Pedro in his first game. Not that it is particularly hard to strike out Pirates, but he looked reallly good with that fastball/curve combo.

Another question: when (if) I list this, do I price it around $1250 and say it is still less than 25% of the price of the other Super, and thus a super deal? The guy with the Super Auto kinda has a very high price on it.

Members online