Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The #MilbDaily Thread - 7/10 (Jonathan Gray's Debut)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Mauricio Cabrera
A.J. Cole
Andrew Heaney
Julio Urias
Jake Odorizzi
John Lamb
Henry Owens
Ethan Martin
Luis Heredia
Blake Snell vs. Lance McCullers
Zach Lee
Zach Eflin
Matt Wisler
Michael Wacha
Jonathan Gray (Pro Debut)
Adalberto Mejia
Michael Ynoa

Last edited:

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hultzen recovering from irritation in left shoulder | Mariners.com: News

Hultzen to remain shut down for 10 more days. Jack Z talked of making adjustments to Danny's routines - strength/conditioning, exercise, and how he throws between starts. "We're going to look at a little bit of his mechanics. You never want to overhaul anybody, that's dangerous with pitchers, but you might look at the programs he's doing and try to make some alterations and see if that helps him."

Never loved his cross-body delivery but I'm holding out hope he will be a durable starter. In other M's prospect news, Jack Z confirmed Taijuan's innings will be limited this season, which is SOP.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeimer Candelario HR (5)

Jesse Winker HR (10) - Grand Slam :)

Cody Asche HR (9)

Nomar Mazara HR (8)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Xander Bogaerts HR (12) :mrgreen:

Kyle Parker HR (14)

Stetson Allie HR (19)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Was zach lee removed after less then an inning ?

No, he pitched 5 innings.

Jonathan Gray's nerves must've gotten the better of him. He did settle down in the 3rd though, as he needed only 7 pitches.

Final line - 3 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

arhodge13

Jun 10, 2013
Toledo, OH
Probably safe to say Springer is going to be #1 on the Hot Sheet come Friday.

Since the following blurb appeared on Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (I decided to add and stash Springer a few days ago), he's hit 3 HRs. Silly Astros management...

"Jul 9 Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Tuesday that he expects George Springer to remain at Triple-A Oklahoma City through the remainder of the minor league season.
Advice: Springer could come up in September, but it won't be before then. The former first-round pick continues to swing and miss a lot, but he's put up an impressive .307/.411/.594 batting line with 23 homers and 28 steals between Double- and Triple-A this season."

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Since the following blurb appeared on Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball (I decided to add and stash Springer a few days ago), he's hit 3 HRs. Silly Astros management...

"Jul 9 Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Tuesday that he expects George Springer to remain at Triple-A Oklahoma City through the remainder of the minor league season.
Advice: Springer could come up in September, but it won't be before then. The former first-round pick continues to swing and miss a lot, but he's put up an impressive .307/.411/.594 batting line with 23 homers and 28 steals between Double- and Triple-A this season."

I concur with this decision. The Astros obviously aren't going to the postseason, so what's the rationale behind starting his clock early?

arhodge13

Jun 10, 2013
Toledo, OH
Financially, it makes sense to keep him in AAA. But why not get him some MLB experience? I'm probably not as familiar with his progress as others, but it appears that he's proven what he needed to in the minors.

And on the other hand, since they aren't contending for a playoff spot, why wouldn't Houston give him a chance to get acclimated to the show?

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
I concur with this decision. The Astros obviously aren't going to the postseason, so what's the rationale behind starting his clock early?

It's very simply, he's earned a call up. It's unfortunate that the business side of baseball trumps the accomplishments of the players. The guy is a contender, if not the favorite, for minor league player of the year but may not even sniff the big club this year. I have to believe he's going to be very discouraged if he doesn't get a call up after the year he's had.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
It's very simply, he's earned a call up. It's unfortunate that the business side of baseball trumps the accomplishments of the players. The guy is a contender, if not the favorite, for minor league player of the year but may not even sniff the big club this year. I have to believe he's going to be very discouraged if he doesn't get a call up after the year he's had.

Didn't have an effect on previous players in the same position...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts