Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

List your All-Time Top 5 trades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I thought it might help this new Forum to get some Opinion lists posted.

Post my All-time Top 5 trade paperbacks or complete runs in this Thread:

Midnight Nation, Image, J. Michael Stracinsyski (sp?): Afterlife, zombie kinda story.

Dark Knight Returns, DC, Frank Miller: Still holds up, older Batman returns as needed in mid 80s. Darkened comics.

Runaways 1-6, Marvel, BKV: Kids of villians unite to fight Powers controlling them and haunting Marvel world. Set in late 90s LA.

Identity Crisis, DC, Brad Metzler: Current JLA deals w/ ramifications of family deaths and reason why the Golden Age villians were lame later.

Red Son, DC, Mark Millar: GREAT Elseworlds story with Superman being Russian. Art by "100 Bullets" Dan Johnson too...

And best Collection? The Ultimates (Vol. 1), Marvel, Mark Millar: Great story but so much better as the Oversized HC w/ tons of extras, including a panel-by-panel breakdown by Millar and Hitch.

Anybody else?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Yep, Scalped ended at Issue #60 (so ten total TPBs). The writer is going to put out a new Image book soon entitled "Southern Bastards". i am really looking forward to reading it.

ahhh Sweet Tooth. Cant really say too much about it. it was that good. Jeff Lemire did the book, 100%. wrote it, drew, it penciled, lettered it. Just was a great story IMO. I will say that the art isnt everyones style (much like Mind MGMT), but when you consider that he did THE WHOLE book, that is XXXXing talent imo

eyedinh

Feb 9, 2013
In no particular order:

Watchmen
Sandman (Gaiman run)
The Spectre (Ostrander run)
Saga of the Swamp Thing (Moore run) Unity Crossover (Valiant Comics)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bat-man Year One
Invincible : Still Standing
Marvel Masterworks : Fantastic Four Volume 2
Saga : Volume 1 + 2
Crisis on Infinite Earths

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Just re-read that Ultimates HC and absolutely loved it! A couple dated references but otherwise, fantastic!

Emabarassed to admit I kinda forgot about the "France" line.

I don't remember Vol. 2 that much and then Loeb and Migueara destroyed the franchise...

Members online

Latest posts