Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

QUESTION ABOUT HIGH PRICED PREMIUM PACKS/BOXES AND SINGLES FROM THEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
So someone buys a pack for 50 bucks. Sells the hit from it and has 3 or 4 singles. As a collector knowing these packs cost so much would you be willing to pay a little more for a single from these packs knowing the cost of them?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I sell stuff through Sportlots, if I have a high-end product like that, then yes, I price singles a little higher than normal. Now granted it may be $0.25 vs. $0.18 for regular commons (more for stars), but yes, I do charge a bit more. I sell them higher and I would pay a slight premium. With that said, I'll maybe pay $0.50 for a common, I sure as hell won't pay $2.00 for a common.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not really. Its all about the market on each individual card.

This is true.... But what you'll probably fin more times than not is the singles from premium products demand a higher premium.

For example, a base Belle from 2012 Topps doesn't sell for the base 2012 Topps Tribute or Museum, etc.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This is true.... But what you'll probably fin more times than not is the singles from premium products demand a higher premium.

For example, a base Belle from 2012 Topps doesn't sell for the base 2012 Topps Tribute or Museum, etc.

Most of the difference here can be attributed to that there's a greater supply of one (base Topps) than the other (Tribute, etc). After a while I think even supply doesn't matter too much.

Sometimes one set is more popular (looks better, set collectors like it more, etc) but with so many sets to choose from its hard to say one really garners a premium.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Most of the difference here can be attributed to that there's a greater supply of one (base Topps) than the other (Tribute, etc). After a while I think even supply doesn't matter too much.

Sometimes one set is more popular (looks better, set collectors like it more, etc) but with so many sets to choose from its hard to say one really garners a premium.
Those can go hand and fist right? More premium pack/set has a shorter print run? Sets with large print run are usually cheaper? I think we're splitting hairs here... IMO premium set common cards usually bring a slight premium to the cheaper set commons.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Those can go hand and fist right? More premium pack/set has a shorter print run? Sets with large print run are usually cheaper? I think we're splitting hairs here... IMO premium set common cards usually bring a slight premium to the cheaper set commons.

Yeah, you're right, we're not talking big bucks either way.

Latest posts