Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any way to find out a magazine's circulation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Trying to find out beckett's monthly circulation (baseball) from 2002 & 2003 to figure out the production run on those Donruss sample cards.

Couldn't get anything in Google.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Some magazines print the circulation numbers inside the magazine, but don't have any Beckett's handy right now to check.

aupt

Apr 16, 2010
Publications mailed 2nd Class (as Beckett is/was) have to publish a "Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation" around Oct. 1 each year. You'll have to check the Oct. or Nov. issues for the years you want. It's usually hidden in fine print in the back of the mag.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Publications mailed 2nd Class (as Beckett is/was) have to publish a "Statement of Ownership, Management and Circulation" around Oct. 1 each year. You'll have to check the Oct. or Nov. issues for the years you want. It's usually hidden in fine print in the back of the mag.

I've got a few stacks of old Becketts at home from the early 00's, I'll check when I get home to see if I can find any info.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would assume between home subscription and newstand issues, the circulation had to be in the several hundereds of thousands.
Beckett was still very popular in 2003 and the baseball magazine was sold at every bookstore, drugstore and retail store in America.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I remember somebody calculated the print run on the Gold Samples years ago, and I believe they came up with roughly 25-30 per card. The gold cards were 1:10 magazines, so somewhere in the 200 range give or take a little depending on the number of cards in each month's set. The wildcard is how many of those copies actually survived. I'd imagine many were destroyed inside of unsold magazines at news stands and retail outlets. And even then many were just stuffed in commons boxes. I have found probably a dozen or so Sample cards from various sets in dime boxes at shows, though no big names.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I remember somebody calculated the print run on the Gold Samples years ago, and I believe they came up with roughly 25-30 per card. The gold cards were 1:10 magazines, so somewhere in the 200 range give or take a little depending on the number of cards in each month's set.

probably a lot more than that. I have at least one (maybe two) BGS graded sample cards in my collection that were sent as a subscription premium. So I feel circulation gives a very rough number but probably isn't very accurate due to the number of cards that were slabbed and given out to beckett mag subscribers.

Members online

Latest posts