Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps w/MLB Authentication Program stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srstetler

Apr 2, 2010
Maryland
A 2013 Topps Museum Collection Ryan Zimmerman Dual Patch Auto /25 popped up on ebay. Neither of the two patches are truly memorable and the Topps certified autograph is like all his others but the left patch has an MLB Authentication Program sticker on it.
The words "game used memorabilia" are written on the front of the card but the sticker drives home the point. For a player collector like myself, this Topps Museum Collection Dual Patch Auto /25 is fantastic when a player's coveted 1/1 cards are priced out-of-sight or rarely surface.

I'm not sure if MLB Authentication Program stickers have been used on cards in the past or will be used in the future. But, my first autograph of Ryan Zimmerman was on a Topps Certified autograph baseball card. And years later my first MLB Authentication Program sticker arrives on a 2013 Topps /25 baseball card. Thank you!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah they show up once in awhile. The best is when all the numbers are visible and you can look up the sticker in the MLB database. Its even better when the authentication sticker doesn't match the player. It is a cool piece to have, Congrats on the pickup

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I'm not sure if MLB Authentication Program stickers have been used on cards in the past or will be used in the future.

I don't think they are put on cards, they are only used if they were on the jersey already. I am sure Topps has nothing to do with them, just MLB.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't think they are put on cards, they are only used if they were on the jersey already. I am sure Topps has nothing to do with them, just MLB.
Yep, the stickers are affixed by MLB. Even then, they can be misleading. I've seen quite a few jerseys certified as game worn when in reality the player never actually wore that jersey while playing, but rather sitting in the bench/bullpen and never seeing game action.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I bid on the 2013 Topps Museum Adam Dunn patch /5 with the sticker on the jersey but dropped out after the price was double what the card, minus the sticker, should sell for - that and it was from a game he went 0 for 4 in with 2 strikeouts.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yep, the stickers are affixed by MLB. Even then, they can be misleading. I've seen quite a few jerseys certified as game worn when in reality the player never actually wore that jersey while playing, but rather sitting in the bench/bullpen and never seeing game action.

I'd still consider that game used. At least he wore it during a game. That's a lot better than just cutting up player issued but unworn items.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I have one...

EthierPCScans317.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If you're like me and went "Where is the picture" - Here it is via eBay... I personally think it's pretty sweet.

$T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiQRyBRuPKT132Q~~60_57.JPG

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Good game by him, too. 3-5, HR, 2B, few RBI.

I sometimes pass on full GU items if the player had a crappy game on the authentication date.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
glad your item is a patch instead of a red-colored alternate jersey top. The authentication site (using your image to check on the item) says it's a gray Nationals Zimmerman jersey with authentication done in August 2011.

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
I'd still consider that game used. At least he wore it during a game. That's a lot better than just cutting up player issued but unworn items.

Agreed, the pitcher may not throw a single pitch but sometimes you can still tell the player wore it during the game. I have one like this, from a one game style JRD #42 , the pitcher wasn't in the game but you can clearly tell by the various marks he wore it for the game.

I loathe cutting up ANY game used items regardless of supply but that's a dead horse that needs a break.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
So you're the bidder that took home that Adam Dunn card I was talking about! Even though he went hitless in the game that jersey is from it's still an awesome card.

Thanks. I never expected to spend that much on a Dunn card....

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Just got this in:

13_castro_40of75_zps0a76441b.png

You can see the sticker's anti-counterfeit technology start to chip from where Topps cut the jersey.

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Bonds had MLB authentication stickers on all of his autograph cards around 2005 and on.

P.S.that Reyes is sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts