Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun Collector Stuck With $15k worth of stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I find it funny that he i wearing a Mathews jersey and talking about his disappointment in Braun.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I understand that collector's point, but some people are acting like Braun's stuff is now worthless.
Braun will still be a great player when he comes back.
Memorabilia of disgraced stars like McGwire, Arod and Bonds are still valuable.
That collector just needs to be patient and sell it in a year or two when Braun is putting up All-Star numbers again.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
I understand that collector's point, but some people are acting like Braun's stuff is now worthless.
Braun will still be a great player when he comes back.
Memorabilia of disgraced stars like McGwire, Arod and Bonds are still valuable.
That collector just needs to be patient and sell it in a year or two when Braun is putting up All-Star numbers again.

I'm sure the bigger hit is finding out that his hero is a liar and a fraud. The money invested is a double whammy.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm glad JJ just sucks now, instead of getting busted for PED's. My collection has taken a slight hit because of it, but I'm not getting the barricades ready for a pity parade.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
2 things from the video:

1) The guy said he liked Braun right away as he was "clean cut and humble". Humble? I think Braun's cockiness (from day 1) is what kept me from ever being "all in" on him (like Fielder to a lesser extent, give me a quiet field general)

2) The anchor at the end saying that was "the best story to come out of all of this". He must really enjoy that poor bastards misery!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
2 things from the video:

1) The guy said he liked Braun right away as he was "clean cut and humble". Humble? I think Braun's cockiness (from day 1) is what kept me from ever being "all in" on him (like Fielder to a lesser extent, give me a quiet field general)

2) The anchor at the end saying that was "the best story to come out of all of this". He must really enjoy that poor bastards misery!

I think the anchor was talking about that guy's kids and their view on Braun.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
If his stuff drop real low, I'll buy chrome autos all day.

He'll be back next year, play well I'm sure and people will move on. People have short memories in the country when it comes to anything.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Blah this article is a mess. I absolutely despise these types of articles from non-collectors.
Like many have said, it's far from worthless. The article implies that his collection is now worthless.
Has there ever been a mainstream article about cards and memorabilia that is unique?

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Sorry, not me everyone. Although I have several key pieces of memorabilia I do not have a shrine to one single baseball player in my mancave. I just love baseball. My card collection or Braun collection dwarfs this, well it did now couldn't get 50% of what I could have when the season started. That is what you call a "MARKET CRASH" folks.

Members online

Latest posts