Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ok its now time for the trade rumor thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Almost the 29th on my clock that gives 3 days of trades.
What is the rumor on your team?? For my team I HOPE we don't trade for Peavy.
I would rather keep our young arms and money.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Loving the Peavy to the A's rumors!

One of my favorite players and a tested Veteran arm for that staff to my Favorite team, Yes Please!

That's probably their only deal, but I'd love to "rent' Utley for the rest of the year too!

WaxPax

From MLB Trade Rumors.....

[h=1]Orioles Willing To Move Dylan Bundy[/h]By Tim Dierkes [July 29 at 8:39am CST]
The aggressive Orioles are "even willing to move" top prospect Dylan Bundy "for the right return," sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Perhaps any player can be moved for the right return, but Rosenthal's report implies the Orioles are more willing to listen on Bundy than teams usually are on top prospects.
Bundy, 20, was generally regarded as one of the three best prospects in baseball prior to the season. He was drafted fourth overall in 2011 out of high school and rocketed through the minors last year despite delicate handling by the Orioles. However, the righty underwent Tommy John surgery last month, dropping him to 11th on Keith Law's midseason list for ESPN and 17th on Baseball America's list.
The Orioles are targeting Jake Peavy, Justin Morneau, and Michael Young, writes Rosenthal, confirming previous reports. I think it's clear Bundy would not be involved in discussions for those players, even Peavy. I imagine a Bundy trade is unlikely, but if he is dealt, it would involve a big name not currently in the rumor mill much. As Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports noted, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos has the ability to be a game-changer, on the remote chance he gets an offer enticing enough to move Jose Bautista or Edwin Encarnacion.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Not a rumor because the aquisition has already taken place, but Jose Veras (Astros Closer) was traded to the Tigers for Danry Vasquez

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Tim Dierkes Reports that the Orioles may be open to dealing Dylan Bundy more than most teams are open to dealing top 10 MLB Prospects.

Edward Creech also reports that the Cardinals may be interested in Peavy and Alexei Ramirez, and are reportedly considering Carlos Martinez, Joe Kelly, and Kolton Wong for them, the names mentioned so far.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The Twins will be unloading again this year. I expect Justin Morneau to be traded for sure. Other names that have been rumored are Jared Burton and Glen Perkins. I doubt the Twins will trade Perkins since he is locked up for a couple more years at good prices.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
The Cardinals will stand pat or make a minor move. White Sox want TOO much for Peavy.
I think they be left holding onto him. I hope we snap out of our slump real soon. We need a sweep
of the DH on Tuesday.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Loving the Peavy to the A's rumors!

One of my favorite players and a tested Veteran arm for that staff to my Favorite team, Yes Please!

That's probably their only deal, but I'd love to "rent' Utley for the rest of the year too!

the only other two rumors with substance I've heard:

young instead of utley
and
wilson to bolster the BP

I heard a rumor of an attempt on lincecum but other than Peavy I don't see any good adding to the starting rotation. If they did obtain Liney it'd be in the BP

I'd love to get Peavy moreso than Utley but man I can't say no to dumping Rosales and moving Sogard to the utilty role.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Rockies will be sellers after this weekend in Atlanta. Charlie Culbertson, Corey Dickerson, & Charlie Blackmon will all be dangled for prospects. Also has been talk about trading Jorge De La Rosa which I think is a terrible idea considering he's one of the few pitchers out there that have tamed Coors Field.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Tim Dierkes Reports that the Orioles may be open to dealing Dylan Bundy more than most teams are open to dealing top 10 MLB Prospects.
Without having seen anything, I would imagine it would take someone like Stanton to get them to move Bundy.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Brewers: Aoki, Lohse, Gallardo, and Gonzalez aren't being shopped, teams have to offer. Gallardo left the game early today too, limping off the mound.

Royals: Targetting Gordon Beckham, Rickie Weeks, Howie Kendrick, Kevin Frandsen. However, not close to any deal.

Blue Jays: Intensely Shopping Encarnacion, shopping Bautista also.

Red Sox: Cliff Lee likely out of scopes, Bud Norris and Jake Peavy still in sights.

Phillies: Shopping Michael Young, but not extensively.

Dodgers: Sign Closer Brian Wilson to a guaranteed MLB deal, should report to Dodgers in 3 weeks

Giants: Offers from Reds and Yankees about Hunter Pence. Also reported to definitely move Javier Lopez, and taking offers on Tim Lincecum. (Though, if not traded, the Giants are reported to make open market offers to both to get them to stay. Asking Price is high for each.)

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Brewers: Aoki, Lohse, Gallardo, and Gonzalez aren't being shopped, teams have to offer. Gallardo left the game early today too, limping off the mound.

Royals: Targetting Gordon Beckham, Rickie Weeks, Howie Kendrick, Kevin Frandsen. However, not close to any deal.

Blue Jays: Intensely Shopping Encarnacion, shopping Bautista also.

Red Sox: Cliff Lee likely out of scopes, Bud Norris and Jake Peavy still in sights.

Phillies: Shopping Michael Young, but not extensively.

Dodgers: Sign Closer Brian Wilson to a guaranteed MLB deal, should report to Dodgers in 3 weeks

Giants: Offers from Reds and Yankees about Hunter Pence. Also reported to definitely move Javier Lopez, and taking offers on Tim Lincecum. (Though, if not traded, the Giants are reported to make open market offers to both to get them to stay. Asking Price is high for each.)

I would like to see all Brewers above not name Gallardo shopped. I would also like to see Weeks moved as well.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I just think he is a good sell high guy. The Brewers also have a ton of young outfielders who are ready. Schafer, Davis, Gindl to name guys who are up right now.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Three team Deal:

Jake Peavy goes to Boston

Jose Iglesias goes to Detroit

Avasail Garcia goes to Chicago (AL)

Last edited: