Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CNBC just reported that MLB offered A-Rod a deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
This whole thing bugs me a little bit. Ryan Braun is no better a person and no less a cheater who tried to cover up what he did than Rodriguez, but why are they going after Rodriguez so much more? At least Rodriguez has admitted use in the past. Braun has never admitted anything, really, yet he's getting a more lenient suspension? Why?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This whole thing bugs me a little bit. Ryan Braun is no better a person and no less a cheater who tried to cover up what he did than Rodriguez, but why are they going after Rodriguez so much more? At least Rodriguez has admitted use in the past. Braun has never admitted anything, really, yet he's getting a more lenient suspension? Why?

I'm guessing because ARod's career > Braun's career and is more famous.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

Who says? We really have no way of knowing what each player did, who they lied to, how much they covered up.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
CNBC??? This is only news if Roy Firestone reports it. ;)

Ha I know, not exactly the place you would go for breaking news on sports, I wanted to wait for Roy Firestone to report it but he was busy with the news on Rod Tidwell's new contract

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
I just scored his autograph at a AA rehab game. He was playing against the Reading Phillies. Hmmm I would add the pic but I can't seem to do it. Anyway he literally hit on out of the park. Very impressive.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
I just scored his autograph at a AA rehab game. He was playing against the Reading Phillies. Hmmm I would add the pic but I can't seem to do it. Anyway he literally hit on out of the park. Very impressive.

Woo. Arod hit a homerun against a double a pitcher. I need his rc right away. Prospect watch is on. I side with MLB and he needs to fade away for 2 years.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

Also, like it or not, MLB probably wants Braun back sooner than later. Just because they suspended him doesn't mean they don't profit from his eventual return. Basically, Braun will have an easier time moving past this than A-Rod will and Braun will be back under MLB's flag for a long time, playing at a high level. A-Rod has a few years left, regardless of a suspension.

Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts