Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dumb question - Ultra Pro 9-Pocket Pages for thick cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

This is a potentially stupid question but with card stock increasing in size, has Ultra Pro addressed the issue by offering 9-pocket pages for thicker cards? I know they obviously have thicker toploaders nowadays, but are there thicker pages? I haven't found anything yet but if you know of something please let me know.

Thanks,
John

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If you are careful, you can put most types of thick cards in a Ultra Pro 9 pocket page (i'd have to get my caliper and measure the thickest stock of memorabilia card I put in my UP 9 pocket pages).

for extra thick stuff stuff like sweet spot -- I put them in 8 pocket pages as the extra room allows those super thick cards to fit. You just have to be careful flipping the pages as the card fits in the pocket but is not snug enough to guarantee it won't slip partially or fully out when flipping pages.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
If you are careful, you can put most types of thick cards in a Ultra Pro 9 pocket page (i'd have to get my caliper and measure the thickest stock of memorabilia card I put in my UP 9 pocket pages).

for extra thick stuff stuff like sweet spot -- I put them in 8 pocket pages as the extra room allows those super thick cards to fit. You just have to be careful flipping the pages as the card fits in the pocket but is not snug enough to guarantee it won't slip partially or fully out when flipping pages.

He nailed it here.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I asked this same quetion a couple weeks ago and didnt get any feedback except for the 8 pocket idea. But I dont like vertical cards in horizontal slots so I went to the manufacturers and asked. Ultra Pro said they only had the standard pages, but bcw has a page that the pockets are a little wider. They sent me a sample and I put some of my national treasures in it and they still fit tight but not too bad.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Great feedback, thanks all! I'm guessing it's a production issue that Ultra Pro hasn't been able to economically solve since there's definitely a white space for this type of product.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Here is a pic of some nt buttons in one of the vinyl bcw pages. they are pretty tight, as nt cards are 130 pt and with the button makes it even tighter.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Those buttons are awesome. Pull any yourself or all picked up from others?

---

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Those buttons are awesome. Pull any yourself or all picked up from others?

---

All bought from someone else. I am on a budget and my collection is so focused that the odds arent good that I will actually pull something I would want to keep. So with the budget getting tighter I just buy what I want.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
All bought from someone else. I am on a budget and my collection is so focused that the odds arent good that I will actually pull something I would want to keep. So with the budget getting tighter I just buy what I want.

Story of my Albert Belle PC haha

---

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Take those buttons out of there before you kill the bottom corners of those cards.

the pockets are bigger than you think and I am not really concerned about the condition. It is something I am trying out as I love to look at my cards and dont like them in boxes. Although it will probably come back to that eventually.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Try putting them in one touches and mounting them to card board binder pages they sell at craft stores for scrap booking.They come in different colors.A nice navy blue would look nice with those cards.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Try putting them in one touches and mounting them to card board binder pages they sell at craft stores for scrap booking.They come in different colors.A nice navy blue would look nice with those cards.

very interested in this. I could even cut out the backs so I could see most of the card. Thanks for the idea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts