Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One of my favorite/underrated cards in the hobby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Love this card and always felt it was extremely underrated. If McCutchen had a Bowman Chrome RC Auto Gold Refractor it would be a $1000 card, yet these are $100 or less when they can be found. It's also his only on-card auto from 2005 (although he does have the 2004 AFLAC) and he shortened his sig soon afterwards so there's not too many out there with his full sig.

$T2eC16hHJHEFFmRCgRTwBR62N+FdMQ~~60_57.JPG

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This card would gain interest if the rest of the set were popular and if collectors (and not investors per se) wanted to collect/put it together. Consider the rest of the set:

Angel Guzman
Andrew McCutchen
Brent Lillibridge
Curtis Thigpen
Dan Johnson
Donny Lucey
David Purcey
Eddy Martinez
Huston Street
Jay Bruce
J.P. Howell
Jason Jaramillo
John Mayberry Jr.
Jon Papelbon
Jon Zeringue
Matt Bush
Matt Green
Patrick Bryant
Philip Humber
Ryan Braun
Ricky Romero
Ryan Zimmerman
Scott Elbert
Travis Chick
Thomas Diamond
Wesley Whisler
Zach Jackson

A couple good names, but probably not enough for set collectors to give this set a boost... but I could be wrong. There may have been a person or two who put it together a long time ago.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
:

Andrew McCutchen
Huston Street
Jay Bruce
Jon Papelbon
Philip Humber
Ryan Braun
Ricky Romero
Ryan Zimmerman
From a set collector perspective there's a lot of misses but the hits are arguably better than most Chrome sets can boast. Lots is serviceable players and a few stars.

That said I'm thinking from a player collector perspective. On-card early sigs without the investor involvement raising prices. I don't view them as much of an investment (although I can't see them dropping much either) but they're just such nice cards I pick them up when I can.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
This card would gain interest if the rest of the set were popular and if collectors (and not investors per se) wanted to collect/put it together. Consider the rest of the set:

Angel Guzman
Andrew McCutchen
Brent Lillibridge
Curtis Thigpen
Dan Johnson
Donny Lucey
David Purcey
Eddy Martinez
Huston Street
Jay Bruce
J.P. Howell
Jason Jaramillo
John Mayberry Jr.
Jon Papelbon
Jon Zeringue
Matt Bush
Matt Green
Patrick Bryant
Philip Humber
Ryan Braun
Ricky Romero
Ryan Zimmerman
Scott Elbert
Travis Chick
Thomas Diamond
Wesley Whisler
Zach Jackson

A couple good names, but probably not enough for set collectors to give this set a boost... but I could be wrong. There may have been a person or two who put it together a long time ago.
I have a complete set.Oddly the checklist originally included Justin Upton but he was never actually included.Matter a fact I have dig that set out and list it.Thanks for the reminder.

Members online

Latest posts