Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

93 Topps Finest Refractor Set on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not accepting PayPal will scare some away. Prob a candidate to be bought and pieced out.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think he has to accept Paypal. Isn't that in the rules for selling on ebay? Yes, they take a chunk, but I'd want the buyer protection.

The FB is a daunting number, but if you look, it was 1 transaction out of almost 50 in the last year, and he says it was for a bogus reason.

I'd love to pick up this item as a 1993 Ref set is one of my possible long-term projects, but altogether I don't have 100% confidence in this guy.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Why have the private bidding? That just screams of him doing some manipulation to the auction. Also he has changed his username three times this year. Who does that and for what purpose? Doesn't accept paypal only certified funds or some escrow website? Seriously what else could this guy do to hinder his credibility? Quite an accomplishment building and grading the set, but if he isn't shady then he is hell bent on trying as hard as he can to look so.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It's a beautiful set but the lack of buyer protection will severely harm the price.

Plus, the seller will be ticked at the low price, and probably won't follow thru anyway.

But if I was local to the Seller, I'd keep an eye out on Craigslist and do the deal pick-up style...

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The seller should've taken something like that to the National show and he would've gotten closer to what he wants for his selling price. If he would've spent $800 on cheap round trip air fare plus $200 on cheap hotel, admission to show, meals, cab/shuttle bus to/from O'Hare, he at least would've went to the show, sold it for CASH and walked out a happy seller. No paypal or ebay fees.

The buyer would've had bragging rights to buying the set, displaying it and possibly putting it up for one of the many auctions that was going on during the show.

Just a thought!
Fordman

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
What ever happened to this auction? Or what did it end up selling for?

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Either got busted shilling or ebay pulled it cause of the escrow crap which they do allow (if you use certain escrow services) so I dont see why they would kick it off for that.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Either got busted shilling or ebay pulled it cause of the escrow crap which they do allow (if you use certain escrow services) so I dont see why they would kick it off for that.

Hmmmm

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts