Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Bowman Heritage "No Pepper Games"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
My dad was came across a card I had laying around and turns to me and says: what does "no pepper games" mean?

I had no clue what he was talking about, but apparently it says this on every 2005 Bowman Heritage Auto card (I checked eBay to see if it was only McCutchen and it seems to be everyone). Anyone know what why one might put that on a card?

9481123891_48b531b0a0.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
"Pepper" is a fielding/batting game. Basically, the batter chops balls back to the fielders and the fielders toss the fielded ball back to the batter, who chops it out again, and so on. I guess ballparks ban it because players get careless and the balls fly into the stands. Since it's usually before games, the spectators aren't focused as much on the field and can get blind-sided by a hit or tossed ball.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys. I'm familiar with the game but don't really understand why one might put that on a baseball card?

Members online

Latest posts