Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Tejada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Stick a fork in him. Suspended 105 games for amphetamines

Last edited:

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
a friend just posted this on facebook, and I have to agree with him

Miguel Tejada gets a 105 game suspension for amphetamines. The argument has always been that speed is not performance enhancer like steroids, so it was ok that an entire generation of baseball players OPENLY used it. Willie Mays and Hank Aaron both have admitted to it and they are 2 of the best ever. So why is Tejada suspended again? If anything, charge him with illegal possession of prescription drugs, but suspension from baseball makes no sense unless we are ready to discuss the entire 50's, 60's, and 70's.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Why 105? Baseball is asking for the whole CBA to be thrown out in arbitration if they don't stop "wheeling and dealing" with these suspensions outside of the scope of prescribed punishments.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Why 105? Baseball is asking for the whole CBA to be thrown out in arbitration if they don't stop "wheeling and dealing" with these suspensions outside of the scope of prescribed punishments.

Drug Use Suspensions PED Use Suspensions

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I feel sorry for Tejada is the following quote is true:

"I admitted I made a mistake. But I want people to understand one thing: I wasn't using a drug to take advantage on the field, or be stronger or hit more home runs," Tejada said to Enrique Rojas of ESPNdeportes.com from his home in Florida.

"I've been using it [Adderall] for the past five years and had medical permission from MLB. But my last permit expired on April 15 and they didn't gave me another. I knew that I was in risk of breaking the rules, but at the same time, I could not stop using the medicine because I suffer from ADD [Attention Deficit Disorder]. It's not a vice, it is a disease."

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Seriously?
One is not like the other.
Illegal weed, and prescribed medication for a illness are two different things entirely.
But I'm sure your dealer will tell you differently.

Where exactly did I say that one is like the other? I was referring to Jonathon Singleton. There should be legal action taken, not mlb action because obviously marijuana isn't going to make you play better and 1/4 of mlb is taking adderall w bs prescriptions. And I have no desire to use either drug, I just think it's obvious that a 105 game suspension is ridiculous.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wonder why they did not extend his "permission slip"..?? Seems like these punishments are all over the board, and need to be rewritten and in stone of what "crime" gets what and how long of punishment. If its really a case of a guy taking it for 5 years and MLB being ok w it for that long, then IMO this punishment is not justified
Ryan

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Are MLB players allowed to be on narcotic painkillers as per the drug testing policy?
What are you talking about?
Obviously not Adderall.

Adderall is used to treat ADHD, ADD, and Narcolepsy (sleep problems). It'a a stimulant.

MLB needs a total revamp of their "policies" and target the REAL problems and issues. Not players with DAILY medicinal "needs'.

Members online

Latest posts