Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David DeJesus Traded to the Nats UPDATE - Traded to Rays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For a PTBNL, according to Danny Knobler and Jon Heyman.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
DeJesus is a nice player who has a very affordable option for 2014 of $6.5 million. Left field and center field are now completely open for the Cubs. Assuming Junior Lake takes one of the spots, I have no idea who the Cubs anticipate making their third outfielder. I think DeJesus is simply a 4th outfielder for the Nats, nothing more.

Last edited:

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
David DeJesus Traded to the Nats

6.5mil seems like alot for a 4th OF. I liked Dejesus but understand the move. The Cubs are trying to open 40 man roster spots and obviously didn't see him in their future plans

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
David DeJesus traded to the Rays. Excellent pickup for Tampa. As much of a fan favorite that Sam Fuld is, DeJesus is a far better player overall.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think the Nationals screwed up when they acquired him. Maybe the owner was upset about adding salary to a team that is going nowhere.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Still puzzled by Washington's involvement, unless, it was to somehow block the Braves from picking him up.

Members online

Latest posts