Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Calling all 2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I just picked this Austin Jackson up last week and I'm not sure exactly what it is (see 1st and 2nd attachments). Originally I thought all the 2007 EEE 1/1 autos were supposed to be black parallels, but when I saw this, I just assumed the Austin Jackson and perhaps a handful of other players were released as reds instead of blacks. When I received the card and had a chance to see it up close, I could see that it was stamped/indented in the center to say "Donruss Playoff Special Edition." None of my other autos from this set contain that stamp, and from what I can tell, none of the many 1/1 black autos on eBay show this stamp as well (I have yet to find another 1/1 red auto). There is one card on eBay right now where I can clearly see the stamp, but it's not red or black, and it's Lacrosse player Mike Powell (see 3rd attachment). The description lists this card as being from the "Hawaii Trade Show."

Does anybody know exactly what this is or where it came from? Were these promos that were given away at a particular show (or shows) or part of a wrapper redemption or something? Or perhaps Austin Jackson was issued a red 1/1 auto instead of a black 1/1 auto and the stamp is just a variation? Has anyone ever pulled one of these stamped cards from a box/pack?

Thanks in advance for any info.

2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #141 Signature Status Red Special Edition 1_1 A.jpg 2007 EEE Austin Jackson.jpg 2007 EEE Lacrosse.JPG

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Yep, this is the case. All of the pack issued 1/1's were/are black status.

matt

Okay, thanks. I actually contacted the seller of that Lacrosse card to see if he had any additional info, and he said they were issuing a number of 1/1 specials at the Hawaii Trade Show, and he's pretty sure my red 1/1 was one of those. I've never heard of the Hawaii Trade Show, but I'm guessing if they have exclusives like this to hand out, it has to be a pretty big show. I figured just the National would get these types of exclusives. Makes me wonder what other shows out there receive cool stuff like this from the manufacturers.

Latest posts