Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are you able to maximum a sale by selling a rainbow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsgwins

Nov 9, 2008
If selling a rainbow all together, would you be able to make the most selling it all under one auction or selling separately is the way to truly maximize your profits?

Thanks
BSG

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
bsgwins said:
If selling a rainbow all together, would you be able to make the most selling it all under one auction or selling separately is the way to truly maximize your profits?

Thanks
BSG

Generally speaking, stuff sells better as singles than in lots.

bsgwins

Nov 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
No idea, but I hope to find out one day (below).

My rainbow is all BGS 9.5 except the Orange and Superfractor. I might sell the Super on it's own and the rest together.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Sell them individually for sure, at least the Super, Red, Orange, Gold and Blue....

When you sell them in a lot, basically you're selling the highest price card with the rest thrown in, so whoever would bid would bid basically for the super, if that makes sense.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
By selling as a rainbow you are cutting down on the amount of people interested in your product, therefore diminishing the sale value. Simple answer is to break it up.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+1 The person bidding on a lot may already have one or more of the other cards and may not want dupes.

I don't think there's ever a reason to sell a lot of potentially valuable cards without a reserve and starting at 99 cents.

Todd44 said:
Sell them individually for sure, at least the Super, Red, Orange, Gold and Blue....

When you sell them in a lot, basically you're selling the highest price card with the rest thrown in, so whoever would bid would bid basically for the super, if that makes sense.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
it really depends on what the price point is on the player

if it is a cheap rainbow, it my drive more attention if listed as a lot.

for expensive players the high price tag would drive out most bidders.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The high price tag on the super alone would keep most from bidding. But I'd be more leery of keeping away bidders who already have an orange and/or red and don't want to buy the same card twice.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
smapdi said:
The high price tag on the super alone would keep most from bidding. But I'd be more leery of keeping away bidders who already have an orange and/or red and don't want to buy the same card twice.

usually there are only a select few who can even afford the super/red refractor to begin with, so if you sell it as a lot you are cutting your market from large to very small. Break it up.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I would have to disagree with a lot of poeple here. I have found quantity of a player to be more in demand than selling singles. The only problem I have found however is that I had to created a 30-Day BIN with Best Offer because it may take a while to get exposure simply because you can only put so many descriptive words in the sell line.

If you are in a hurry of moving your cards, then yes, single auctions would be the way to go. But if you are looking to maximize your profits, I would highly suggesting creating an auction with the Rainbow and running a BIN with Best Offer.

In the past few years, I try to build up as much as I can on one certain player and then throw up an auction to see if anyone will bite. Every single time I have had people put up offers higher than what I could sell the cards individually for.

Good luck with your decision.

Members online