Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lesnar's May 23rd Fight Cancelled...Mir Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
According to MMAscoops and a few other sites, Mir informed UFC that he will not be able to participate due to a back injury that will require surgery and will put him out of action!

(this sucks because I was going to snag floor seats to this event! :( )

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
HPC said:
dude you have no idea!

Those seats were going to be had at face value too!!

I have been soooo effing excited about this.

HOPEFULLY this is just a rumor and isn't true, like the Brock injury rumors before the last fight.

I don't want this to be postponed. That just ruins everything for me.

It's ******** that we will have to wait even longer for a unification match between Mir and Lesnar.

So where does the UFC go from here?

Give Brock another fight, but not for the title? What if he were to lose that?

Are they just going to not let Brock fight until Mir is healthy, then they fight for the unification?

Or do they strip Mir of the Interim title (I don't see them doing that)???

This just throws everything off course and it pisses me off like a ****.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I see a few scenarios:

1) Brock vs Cain Velasquez at UFC 98 (title fight)- I can see this as an option. Two young guys who both are very impressive and have the same fighting style

2) Velasquez vs winner of Gonzaga/Carwin at UFC 98- the winner of this would face the winner of Lesnar/Mir when they fight. 4 months is enough time for the winner of Gonzaga/Carwin to train and recoup

3) Brock vs. Velasquez (non title fight) at UFC 98- knowning Dana, this would more than likely be the option, as Lesnar is a bigger draw than Cain, and is more anticipated since Brock could still fight Mir for the unification

...I hope its rumor too!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ryo1549 said:
I hope so! I was looking forward to this fight.

Me too Nate.

I was actually thinking about putting some money where my mouth is, and putting some cash down on Lesnar to win.

Part of me feels dirty for typing that.

Multiple sources have confirmed to FiveOuncesOfPain.com that the UFC was recently informed by Mir’s camp that he was forced to withdraw due to injury. Five Ounces of Pain originally had been informed that Mir had suffered a back injury but MMAWeekly.com has since reported that Mir actually suffered a knee injury and has already undergone surgery.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Mir came on UFC 96 tonight and said he pulled out of the fight which makes me upset. I was so looking forward to Lesnar destroying him. In that fight's place will be Rampage vs. Rashaad Evans for the Light Heavyweight belt which I think Rampage will dominate. BTW great PPV tonight. Well worth the 60 bucks.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
last i read they are just moving it to june or july. they are moving up rashad evans title defence and moving the brock fight back due to the injury to mir.

Aug 29, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Mir came on UFC 96 tonight and said he pulled out of the fight which makes me upset. I was so looking forward to Lesnar destroying him. In that fight's place will be Rampage vs. Rashaad Evans for the Light Heavyweight belt which I think Rampage will dominate. BTW great PPV tonight. Well worth the 60 bucks.

Yup, I just read on Yahoo that Mir vs. Lesnar will now just take place at UFC 100 and the Evans vs. probably Rampage will take its place.

I must say that the past two cards without having really any of the big name guys on it have both been more than solid.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
kdailey4315 said:

I must say that the past two cards without having really any of the big name guys on it have both been more than solid.

Agreed. That free one on Spike was incredible.

Members online

Latest posts