Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gradeable Razor Sig Series Autos???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Has anyone obtained a Razor Auto that they deem worth grading (9.5 or 10)

I havent looked through mine, but if you have taken the time to look, what were a bunch of problems you noticed that would disqualify them as getting submitted?

I am opening a case, so I'll have 100 autos, how many can I expect to be close to gradeable???

Wes

OG
Administrator
jdfoxtrot79 said:
Has anyone obtained a Razor Auto that they deem worth grading (9.5 or 10)

I havent looked through mine, but if you have taken the time to look, what were a bunch of problems you noticed that would disqualify them as getting submitted?

I am opening a case, so I'll have 100 autos, how many can I expect to be close to gradeable???

Zero. I opened a case and didn't send a thing in.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I've only handled a few Razor sig cards and all were mint with nice graphs. Sure they could have gotten 9.5 grades.

Did you look at the back edges?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
beefycheddar said:
matchpenalty said:
I've only handled a few Razor sig cards and all were mint with nice graphs. Sure they could have gotten 9.5 grades.

Just looked at only Razor auto I own and it's base auto version with white borders and back is white. Looks perfect.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
beefycheddar said:
matchpenalty said:

Just looked at only Razor auto I own and it's base auto version with white borders and back is white. Looks perfect.

Send away then, I sent 119 of them and got 3 back in 9.5 form.

1 Casey Kelly Exclusive (which beefy will have), 1 Havens Exclusive and 1 David Cooper /1199 auto. If you add in Joe's Lin that is all the 9.5s there are at this point.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Not one card from my case looked like it was worth sending in to be graded. The back edges look bad on most of the cards, and the rest of the cards werent worth $1, so no point having them graded.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
we'll have to just wait to see.

Hopefully I get a "Big Name" that in my eyes is at least a 9....i think getting a 9 is still an accomplishment!!!!

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I still don't think most graders give the back of a card more than a 2 second glace. If even that.

may be true somewhat (depends on grader), but the back chipping/funk's pretty hard NOT to see/feel on razor sigs + from those i've talked w/who have subbed razor, 9.5s are tough

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'm just going off the many BGS 9.5 and PSA 10 cards I've looked at or seen at shows. Doesn't surprise me at all when I see these high grade cards with chips, white on dark corners on the back and still in gem mint holders. Both are guilty of it. I just wonder if the grader in these cases even bothered to look at the back. Even worse is the centering on the back sometimes.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
js0000001 said:
When I check BGS pop report I see only (5) 9.5's so far

that is pretty ridiculous. Have their been any completed sales of 9.5's? Wonder what type of premium they will carry

I bought the Casey Kelly 9.5 Exclusive off Phil Mason

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I'm just going off the many BGS 9.5 and PSA 10 cards I've looked at or seen at shows. Doesn't surprise me at all when I see these high grade cards with chips, white on dark corners on the back and still in gem mint holders. Both are guilty of it. I just wonder if the grader in these cases even bothered to look at the back. Even worse is the centering on the back sometimes.
Umm you know that the back centering can be 90/10 and still be a BGS 9.5?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
scotty21690 said:
matchpenalty said:
Umm you know that the back centering can be 90/10 and still be a BGS 9.5?

Really? Wow, might have to send in some of my cards that i decided not to based off of back centering

Members online