Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Comeback Pitcher of the Year predictions.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Not that this is any real category, just thought it would be fun.

My (hopeful) vote goes to Chris Carpenter.

I REALLY want him to have a solid season after the travesty that was these last two for him.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I agree with Verlander as "comeback kid" and I call it now: King Felix's breakout year...not just because I collect the dude but because, IMO, he is in his prime both age and experience wise. With the rebuild of the Mariners I hope he can add a few more W's to his record and I would love to see him get closer to some strike out records.

Alex

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Erik Bedard, Fausto Carmona, Brad Penny/John Smoltz, Aaron Harang, and Chris Young are some others that were awful last year and could bounce back.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sam Banks said:
aw00d05 said:
Chris Young would be a good comeback after getting nailed in the head.

Truth.

I like him.

Wasn't that against the Cardinals?

If I remember correctly, Pujols hit it, then took out like two more people on his way around the basepath.

Maybe it was just the pitcher and the catcher that he took out in that one half inning.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3ir3c3h4]
aw00d05 said:

Truth.

I like him.

If I remember correctly, Pujols hit it, then took out like two more people on his way around the basepath.

Maybe it was just the pitcher and the catcher that he took out in that one half inning.[/quote:3ir3c3h4]
No idea, I just know he was one of millions of player the rangers traded away for dirt and ended up being good...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
aw00d05 said:
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2sq5478q]
aw00d05 said:

Truth.

I like him.

Maybe it was just the pitcher and the catcher that he took out in that one half inning.
No idea, I just know he was one of millions of player the rangers traded away for dirt and ended up being good...[/quote:2sq5478q]

I am pretty sure it was, because I remember laughing about how weird it was that Pujols takes out both the pitcher and the catcher in one trip around the basepaths. Not that I thought Young taking a facial was funny, but you know what I mean. It's not something you see everyday, one player taking out the picther and catcher with one trip around the bases.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Sam Banks":28g6l63c]
aw00d05 said:

Truth.

I like him.

Maybe it was just the pitcher and the catcher that he took out in that one half inning.[/quote:28g6l63c]

Yeah, Pujols was a wrecking ball that game. He hit it off of CY's head, then while going home, slid into Josh Bard and either broke his ankle, or twisted it very badly. Bard didn't come back for like 3 months.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Seiya said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: