Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vlad's age changes too.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
i'd say probably 1/3 of the dominican/puerto rican guys lie about their age so that teams will sign them...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jondawg04 said:
Old. Was brought up in August. Someone posted this "news" yesterday as well.

Sorry I didn't notice, it just flashed as news across the ESPN Bottom Line.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I saw Alou on the jersey and thought Moises was around 63 and said "Damn he looks more like Felipe", then realized it was his dad......

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
beefycheddar said:
aw00d05 said:
or that Julio Franco is really like 430...

Fixed
i've heard he's younger than he really is so he can say he's the oldest guy ever to play when he's alot younger, even though he looks like he's like 60...

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
cgilmo said:
heh

the players whose age comes into question are players who were signed out of Latin America. Albert has been in the US far too long for the suspicion to be there.

That's what I've always thought too.

Who knows, though.

Craig

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
cgilmo said:
heh

the players whose age comes into question are players who were signed out of Latin America. Albert has been in the US far too long for the suspicion to be there.

Tejada played in the US for a while before we discovered his real age.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Brad said:
cgilmo said:
heh

Tejada played in the US for a while before we discovered his real age.

But Pujols lived in the US for a long time before he became a pro. He wasn't signed to a contract on a dirt field in the DR.

Craig

Members online

Latest posts