Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Time Has Come for Tighter Moderation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
We have always tried to keep it loose here at FCB.

However, due to some recent events I am not so sure that is the best corse of action. There are a few users that only come here to start trouble.

Starting now as a mod staff we will put a tighter clamp on this type of behavior, an dish out suspensions at a more frequent rate. This is the only way to foster legitimate hobby discussion.

The general chat board will still be more relaxed than the sports boards. We will not tolerate abuse there either though.

99% of you will have no problem with this policy. And maybe it's best that the people who don't agree find a different place to terrorize.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Bmb circa 2006?

Like that type of harshness where if one talks bad of fcb's founding fathers they will be beheaded?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Smart move. May foster growth of the site too. I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago. The traffic could use a boost! Is there anything that can be done to increase the action on the transactions boards?

Is there anyway to monitor post quality and dump people who dip too low? For example, people start good topics and they get destroyed by tangental conversation that has nothing to do with the post. We see it often. It is usually the same people and the same arguments. It's no secret that there are people on here who seem to have nothing better to do with their time than to try and upset the cart so to speak. I wish you could just get rid of them all. Having to go through their posts is like stepping in gum over and over again as you walk through the parking lot to get into the store.

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This all comes down to one original rule dont be a dick and youll be just fine

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
It's common sense, Joe. But for those who lack it, it's not so obvious and the person who is a dick generally doesn't know he's the dick. I'm positive it's disordered personalities and they are the least likely to know that they have a problem. Everyone else is the problem, Joe. Don't you know that?

This all comes down to one original rule dont be a dick and youll be just fine

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Ok maybe not, beheading is pretty harsh but that's how beckett moderators ruled the roost.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think its simply going to be a matter of good sense and discourse is what message boards should be about.

What needs to stop is the personal attacks and things of that nature. I've been guilty of it myself in some cases.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'd like to mention that I think Adam has done a really good at moderation when he jumps into conversations. He's always been on point and seems to settle people down in a logical way - when people are capable of understanding logic that is! So props to him for doing a good job.

I think it was clear that they moderated incorrectly. I think it's also clear that we have been moderating incorrectly.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Kind of a strange route to take being that patronage is down and the #1 competitor is Lord of the Flies 2.0 and it's bustling over there.

I don't think that MORE moderation will bring people here, but will have an adverse affect. I haven't even seen much action here lately, let alone a bunch of negative stuff. There's not even much going on here and now we have to watch what we say and do more? I just hope FCB doesn't turn into SCF. That place sucks. But whatever. It ain't my forum.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
What if you know you're a dick and it just doesn't matter to said person ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online