Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grabbed one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
My first superfractor auto in any sport:

I was told TC super or a Contenders Championship Ticket is better, but I made the splurge now. I hope he does well for Texans' sake.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice! He's got some really cool stuff coming out. I've noticed some of his Bowman chrome parallels taking off for way more than I ever knew Bowman could for a prospect in football. I could see them doing so for an Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin type but Hopkins has some dedicated fans already it seems. As far as contenders, while they do go for a lot, I've never been a big fan. IMO, finest and topps chrome are two of the best looking sets so you did good there. Let's just hope his concussion doesn't end up being an issue.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Great looking card ! Congrats ! I think he's gonna be a beast next year (don't have super, no pun intended ... or was there ..., high expectations for him this season).

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Concussion issues....no bueno. In my experience you either bounce right back, it takes a year, or you never do.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Congrats on a nice card pickup! Finest and Chrome Superfactors are really nice. I can't wait for my first auto'd one. Hopefully you are going for a rainbow :)

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Let's just hope his concussion doesn't end up being an issue.

That is a very nice card. I am very high on Hopkins as I think he is one of the more polished receivers to get drafted in recent times but that concussion history does concern me. Perhaps it will end up being little more than Percy Harvin's migraine situation but I've held off buying his cards for this reason.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
nice card is probably his 4th best card after this year but right now its number one. anyone else put an NT/99 RPA over a finest super? with finest being such a bad product usually i've always put it down below other card sets.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
nice card is probably his 4th best card after this year but right now its number one. anyone else put an NT/99 RPA over a finest super? with finest being such a bad product usually i've always put it down below other card sets.

Finest was sort of a hobby afterthought until 2011. It picked up a little momentum in 2009 but the parallels were poorly done that year. It was hot out of the gate in 2010 but seemed to fizzle along with much of the rookie class. Finest finally had some staying power the following year with a much better assortment of autograph and patch cards. The 2012 product has remained very strong and 2013 is checking in just as solid. The product is no longer perceived as a distant second to the flagship Chrome. I have no money or would be buying tons of singles.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
Finest was sort of a hobby afterthought until 2011. It picked up a little momentum in 2009 but the parallels were poorly done that year. It was hot out of the gate in 2010 but seemed to fizzle along with much of the rookie class. Finest finally had some staying power the following year with a much better assortment of autograph and patch cards. The 2012 product has remained very strong and 2013 is checking in just as solid. The product is no longer perceived as a distant second to the flagship Chrome. I have no money or would be buying tons of singles.

Your idea of a strong product is a product with rpa's numbered to 1351 and the great players /25 or less? A product that stacks the deck against every collector. Last year was horrible for finest. Also news flash chrome is king of topps products. Still can't touch contenders or NT but chrome is still decent. This years finest is better than last. But still not a top 5 product in comparison to what's out there.

AK11

May 24, 2010
Thanks for all the comments guys. Yeah, I hope he stays healthy too not just for his cardboard, but for the hometown Texans. I do worry corners and safeties will be gunning for him, but I believe Goodell needs to rock these defenders severely when it comes to concussions. Start treating hits that directly cause concussions with multi-game suspensions and not getting paid during those suspensions would send a better message then slap on the wrist fines. Old fashioned wrap-up tackling needs to make a strong comeback other than trying to take the guys head and/or knees out.

It will be interesting to see how he signs cards later in the year like his TC super and so on with "D H" like most or will he add a little extra scribble on the 1/1's.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well a few of his cards are actually signed NUK. I have a few of his prestige autos like this. But his clearest and cleanest have to be sage and press pass which is why I'm happy to own some before topps and panini made his hand fall off.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Your idea of a strong product is a product with rpa's numbered to 1351 and the great players /25 or less? A product that stacks the deck against every collector. Last year was horrible for finest. Also news flash chrome is king of topps products. Still can't touch contenders or NT but chrome is still decent. This years finest is better than last. But still not a top 5 product in comparison to what's out there.

I never said it was a rippers product (it's a terrible one for that purpose) but I can just tell you from experience Finest singles are selling a lot better than they used to. Nobody wanted the stuff as recently as 2008. Agree it's still not top 5 product but probably not far behind and certainly no longer the bastard step child of Chrome.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
I never said it was a rippers product (it's a terrible one for that purpose) but I can just tell you from experience Finest singles are selling a lot better than they used to. Nobody wanted the stuff as recently as 2008. Agree it's still not top 5 product but probably not far behind and certainly no longer the bastard step child of Chrome.

It's a buy singles product. Which is bad for the hobby. We need loaded products like inception elite and prestige.

Members online