Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got offered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
I send
Vernon Davis

I get
Rob Gronkowski (spelling)

Good or bad for me?

Non ppr league.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
If you have a backup for the first few weeks until Gronk gets back and are confident he'll stay healthy I like Gronk in that trade.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
Yea, I was liking gronk as well,But You dont think Davis will put up Buffet than projected stats this year?

Or is it the case of buying low on gronk?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Flip a coin.

Seriously though, Both should have same numbers throughout the season. Only drawback on gronk is if he is out a couple weeks longer than expected.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
I declined it, hoping davis has the big year some people are predicting.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I send
Vernon Davis

I get
Rob Gronkowski (spelling)

Good or bad for me?

Non ppr league.

I'd take that deal all day long. Try to get Zach Sudfeld if you can as a sort of handcuff. They'll both be heavily involved this year, but if Gronk goes down, Sudfeld could be huge this year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I would have taken that in a heartbeat. Gronk is by far Tom Brady's favorite target now that Wes Welker is gone. 49ers have way more weapons on Offense a.k.a. spread the ball around. Or even run the ball with Frank Gore, Patriots don't have a running game.

Even if Gronk misses the first 2 weeks, I think he'll have better #'s at the end of the year.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I would have taken that in a heartbeat. Gronk is by far Tom Brady's favorite target now that Wes Welker is gone. 49ers have way more weapons on Offense a.k.a. spread the ball around. Or even run the ball with Frank Gore, Patriots don't have a running game.

Even if Gronk misses the first 2 weeks, I think he'll have better #'s at the end of the year.

I take it you don't know much about the Patriots offense? The Pats had one of the best running games in the league, ranking 2nd in rush attempts, 7th in yards and FIRST in rushing TD.

There's a reason Ridley is being treated as a top 10-15 fantasy back.

For everything else, I agree. I would have accepted the deal an waited for Gronk to come back. 12 games of Gronk is a top 3 TE.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I never like going with the unknown so I would have declined the trade too. With Crabtree & Manningham out, Davis should see a lot more targets. & there's no guarantees Gronk won't have another setback.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I take it you don't know much about the Patriots offense? The Pats had one of the best running games in the league, ranking 2nd in rush attempts, 7th in yards and FIRST in rushing TD.

For everything else, I agree. I would have accepted the deal an waited for Gronk to come back. 12 games of Gronk is a top 3 TE.

Ridley is getting way too much fantasy love, it's tough to have a patriots RB because they use all of them collectively . & 1 fumble your on the bench for extended time. Ridley was good for me last year as a sleeper but cost me a championship with -.5 in my 1st rd playoff game after 2 fumbles the week prior & getting benched & little PT.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
I declined it, I just like Davis upside way to much, also hers he might play as a WR in some snaps.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut

Ridley is not that good. Do you think having running lanes the size of tractor trailer trucks have anything to do with his numbers last year? Tom Brady carving up the defense creates running lanes. I stand by my statement. Furthermore, you can take any running back in the NFL insert him into the Pats offense and he'd put up those numbers.

The running backs scoring touchdowns is a direct product of the offense being able to move the ball down the field. This is illustrated in Ridley only managing to break 6 runs for over 20 yards all of 2012. So while it may look like I "don't know much about the Patriots offense" as you said above, it's actually the exact opposite. To the casual fan that doesn't know how the game is played/executed it looks as though the Patriots have a good running game. For the more experienced fan, it is quite obvious why the Patriots running game is successful. You can thank me later for the lesson.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Ridley is not that good. Do you think having running lanes the size of tractor trailer trucks have anything to do with his numbers last year? Tom Brady carving up the defense creates running lanes. I stand by my statement. Furthermore, you can take any running back in the NFL insert him into the Pats offense and he'd put up those numbers.

The running backs scoring touchdowns is a direct product of the offense being able to move the ball down the field. This is illustrated in Ridley only managing to break 6 runs for over 20 yards all of 2012. So while it may look like I "don't know much about the Patriots offense" as you said above, it's actually the exact opposite. To the casual fan that doesn't know how the game is played/executed it looks as though the Patriots have a good running game. For the more experienced fan, it is quite obvious why the Patriots running game is successful. You can thank me later for the lesson.

Noticed I said the Patriots had one of the best running games, not that Ridley is a good RB (much like you, I do not think he is a great back).

Unlike your attempt to be backhanded, I AM an experienced fan and understand why they had a great running game. I also understand it is the same reason they will have a great running game again this season.

I called Ridley a top 10-15 back because he is the lead back in an offense that runs so much and will be given the bulk of the carries.

So, once again, the Patriots had a great rushing offense and will again this year.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
I feel with Davis I get a player who can stay healthy and has a good chance for a breakout season. How ever if healthy I can see gronk having the better year. Im ok.with the decision.

Members online

Latest posts