Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB game used bat vendors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Hey, I'm starting to play in a wood bat league starting next Sunday. I want to stockpile some Major League game used bats to use while playing, want to get them cheap, and uncracked.

Does anyone know a guy?

Thanks for the help.

Brian

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I think you would be spending a lot of money on bats that should be collected not played with. These kids have already done it with a baseball.
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378098535.657169.jpg

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I can understand the want, though, to use bats used by pro players.

But brand new lower end Easton and Louisville Slugger wood bats can be had for $20 each.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I think you would be spending a lot of money on bats that should be collected not played with. These kids have already done it with a baseball.
View attachment 21025

Should? Is there a rule book for how people should spend their money?

Anyway. That isn't necessarily true. Yes, the more popular players' bats go for more, but I bought my Jerry Hairston Jr. Louisville slugger For $52 shipped.

I have a bid on one on eBay now that would total to $50 shipped. Don't know if you are familiar with wooden bats, but the higher end bats go for over $100. Most of the bats you would buy fort under that aren't the best, so I'm getting major league quality bats for a fraction of there price of a high end bat.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Even the higher end MLB bats, the Louisvilles are only 100-110 new. Is it worth getting a bat for half price with the integrity already compromised? That bat will most likely break a lot faster than a new one, barrign some freak jammed up hit

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Should? Is there a rule book for how people should spend their money?

Anyway. That isn't necessarily true. Yes, the more popular players' bats go for more, but I bought my Jerry Hairston Jr. Louisville slugger For $52 shipped.

I have a bid on one on eBay now that would total to $50 shipped. Don't know if you are familiar with wooden bats, but the higher end bats go for over $100. Most of the bats you would buy fort under that aren't the best, so I'm getting major league quality bats for a fraction of there price of a high end bat.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Nope spend it however you want, considering we are on a message board about paper with pictures and ink on them who am I to judge. Wasn't judging just adding a little humor.
I was just thinking of the bats I have seen sold at the Ballpark in Arlington they are normally pretty expensive depending on the player. But I guess for the scrub guys the bats could be fairly priced. You might check out the Arizona/Florida area shops as I am sure they get a hold of quite a few after spring training.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
There's a guy on net54 that has a Slugger connection. We was selling van loads of misprint bats. Now finding him would be a little needle on a haystack-ish

braves3331

Aug 19, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Not game used, but check out viperbats.com. They make some quality wood bats and reasonably priced. There are several different models to suit the type of hitter you are as well, and I think all bats are customizable - color,personalization, etc. Most of our team has been using them for 3 years and haven't had any complaints.

I will say though, the cheap $20 Rawlings big stick bat at the sports equipment stores are great batting practice bats. I highly recommend picking one up.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I would recommend a composite bat for practice, so you don't break/waste $$$. Jam jobs and broken bats can add up quick in the wood bat game.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I would recommend a composite bat for practice, so you don't break/waste $$$. Jam jobs and broken bats can add up quick in the wood bat game.

I would recommend the opposite, Wood bats are a whole other animal versus composites. Practice with what you play with, same model, color size. Obviously find what you like first, but there ton's of different options when it comes Wood Bats.

I'd seriously check out the $20 Louisville Slugger Bats. I'm not sure if they are Supercharged or anything, but It would be a good way to ease you into using a wood bat!

Just like composite hockey sticks, wood bats can start to get really expensive and a burden if youre careless, get jammed, get slashed etc.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Not game used, but check out viperbats.com. They make some quality wood bats and reasonably priced. There are several different models to suit the type of hitter you are as well, and I think all bats are customizable - color,personalization, etc. Most of our team has been using them for 3 years and haven't had any complaints.

I will say though, the cheap $20 Rawlings big stick bat at the sports equipment stores are great batting practice bats. I highly recommend picking one up.
Thanks for your recommend on Viper bats, looking into buying one

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Xbat is what I used playing in Juco.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Check out a company called J and C Bats. I can vouch for their quality as I have swung them. They are a local company to me and they are great bats.

Members online