Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vin Scully's history lessons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Very happy to have him in the booth for another season!

yep, I think we have Puigy to thank for that. I think if the Dodgers were playing as bad now as they did in April/May, Vin would have said enough and retired at the end of this season.

I do love the Vin drama each year - he's got a lifetime job guarantee with the Dodgers and it's up to him like a free agent each August to decide if he's going to come back or retire so the Dodgers and their fans have a day of celebration each August when he makes the decision.

As for "Vince", I can't imagine it happens much lately. From the stories and articles I've read, I seem to recall it happened frequently in his early years but I guess fans have cut it down to "vin" as time went on and it's stuck for years now.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I heard he has caught 57 foul balls. In the press box WTF

seems reasonable. About one per season of broadcasting on average. I bet it's probably a spotter or production assistant catching/deflecting them and the number is probably how many have come into his broadcast booth, not necessarily the number of foul balls directly targeting him, though.