Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 men arrested for breaking into Wrigley Field...Kevin Burge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I can't link because I'm on my phone, but according to ESPN, 2 men from PA, both 25 years old, were arrested for breaking into Wrigley Field and attempting to steal ivy. Names are Kevin Burge and Steven Gudknecht. Is this the one and only Kevin Burge?

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
As someone who worked for Stadium Operations at Wrigley and frequently was the "fill in" for overnight security when the regular guy called in sick I can tell you this is a fairly regular occurrence. There is one spot in the ball park where the wall is easy to climb and once over that wall you have the run of the place. BUT......they have cameras watching this and many other entry points of the ball park and it is a very rare thing that those who break in don't get caught. Since the ball park is literally closed off and there is nobody in there the police let the police dogs loose and let me tell you, no matter where the culprits are hiding they will be found and it will not be pleasant. I do not know how many drunks who scaled the walls of Wrigley have left in an ambulance because of the injuries inflicted by a police dog.

I could tell hundreds of stories of what I have seen in the ball park but I wont bore the boards with them.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
There can be only 1!

Lets send all the people named 'Kevin Burge' a sword and copy of Highlander, and hope for the best!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
So is the notorious Kevin Burge still in the card business?
I haven't read anything about his shenanigans on the board in a long time.

Members online

Latest posts