Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats to the MiLB Player of the Year...according to USA today anyway...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Maybe some more knowledgeable people here on FCB can help me out. I'm seeing several players with better numbers in many categories than Bogaerts. What makes him stand out head and shoulders above the other prospects? He's a good player but I don't see where he has separated himself from the pack of other top guys.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Its so hard to pick any one player and say they are the best player of this season. He's probably on equal footing with almost any name you throw up there...

Are you talking about strictly results? OR his prospect status? Since I am assuming USA today isn't talking about prospect status, I will go based on results. George Springer, Joey Gallo, Javier Baez, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, how about Tyler glasnow, maybe the most dominant player in the minor leagues this year.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Are you talking about strictly results? OR his prospect status? Since I am assuming USA today isn't talking about prospect status, I will go based on results. George Springer, Joey Gallo, Javier Baez, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, how about Tyler glasnow, maybe the most dominant player in the minor leagues this year.

Any one of those names would not have been a surprise but Xander belongs in that conversation. I doubt very much BA with go down the same road.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Agree, Bogaerts probably is the best prospect of the bunch, other than maybe Buxton, but MiLB player of the year should go to the best player for the year. No way do Bogaerts's numbers stand above the guys listed here, and there are probably a few others that I'd argue were statistically better as well.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Maybe some more knowledgeable people here on FCB can help me out. I'm seeing several players with better numbers in many categories than Bogaerts. What makes him stand out head and shoulders above the other prospects? He's a good player but I don't see where he has separated himself from the pack of other top guys.

He's a Red Sox.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Thats really sad....boegarts would maybe be in the top 10? Maybe?

Springer, Sano, Owings, Glasnow all did more

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas

If you are not a Yankee, Red Sox, Dodger, Met, or Cubs player you don't count to them.

Wait til they show up in the majors and see how they produce

Members online

Latest posts