Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFL Week 1 Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Matchups youre looking forward to?

Other than the Skins on Monday i am looking forward to seeing how many points the Saints/Falcons put up.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Deshaun Goldson for Tampa wants to see how many separate fines he can accumulate in one game.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
LaVonte David was phenomenal as a Rookie, but just made a HUGE 15 yard UR penalty for hitting Geno out of bounds and Folk nailed a long one to win it.

Crushing road loss for Tampa.:eek:

Impressed by NO's defense, Manuel and especially the Dolphins so far this week...

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Terrelle Pryor looked pretty good, just needs to learn from his mistakes & I think he'll be pretty good. He can extend the plays & make things happen.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'd like to amend my statement about being impressed by the Dolphins.

Good road win, no doubt, but that's mostly 'cuz Weeden gave them 3 picks. But only 20 yards rushing? Ugh.

AFC North went 0-4 and although I like the Cardinals to surprise people, the Rams have gotta be disappointed if they lose this one at home.

And don't the Pack know enough to cover Vernon Davis yet?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Dallas-NYG is always fun and the Giants are 4-0 at Jerry World.

Both teams' Safeties are putrid, especially in Pass coverage so it should continue tonite. I give the Pokes a slight advantage but only a slight one...

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
So the Cowboys game is blacked out in WI due to a Time Warner Cable dispute. Did Romo get hurt?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Pretty good start from the Bears to beat a really good team. Overcame some poor play early and got the offense humming late.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not impressed.

Cowboys win by just 6 in a game where they got 6 turnovers, including two returned for scores? And that pass defense, even the corners, looked horrible. :(

And I hope everybody took the OVER in this one. 8 of the last 9 in this match-up have gone OVER...

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I watched the Jets game and Geno Smith looked like a viable quarterback. He made a few rookie mistakes as one would expect but he played decent overall for a green QB without a ton of talent to work with. He did find Stephen Hill half dozen times and hopefully that continues. Tampa looked terrible aside from a couple solid drives. Tons of penalties and no rhythm. Both defenses played well this week. I watched the Packers game through some pilfered stream out of Al Jazeera. The Packers defense remains about as porous as Obama's brain. They look like a 9-7 type team to me.

Members online

No members online now.