Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wilmer Flores' first MLB Spring Training Hit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
I was surprised to see him in the box score today. Had a double. Only 17 years old. I have yet to see Villalona's name yet. Some have said that he will sign in Spring Training. Topps, I hope you were there today.

I've got four Gold Retractors, three Blue Retractors, 5 Xtractors, 18 Retractors, and 17 Base autos headed my way! I still think that he is going to be the base autograph from that set. More risk with him than the others. But scouts like him.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Yowza! That's quite a stock pile you have there. But IMO I think Jesus Montero will be THE guy in the set. He only has 3 other autos (Sterling, Threads, and the very short printed Contenders) whereas Flores has autos in Threads, Contenders SP, Elite, and Prime Cuts). Either way they both play in NY and are very young.

Allen

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
gomatt said:
I was surprised to see him in the box score today. Had a double. Only 17 years old. I have yet to see Villalona's name yet. Some have said that he will sign in Spring Training. Topps, I hope you were there today.

I've got four Gold Retractors, three Blue Retractors, 5 Xtractors, 18 Retractors, and 17 Base autos headed my way! I still think that he is going to be the base autograph from that set. More risk with him than the others. But scouts like him.

If his cards get redeemed I can see him competing with Montero in pricing, but getting redeemed is a huge IF

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Bruin7 said:
Yowza! That's quite a stock pile you have there. But IMO I think Jesus Montero will be THE guy in the set. He only has 3 other autos (Sterling, Threads, and the very short printed Contenders) whereas Flores has autos in Threads, Contenders SP, Elite, and Prime Cuts). Either way they both play in NY and are very young.

Allen

I'm not a big fan of the Playoff Autos. To me, Flores has one mainstream autograph, while Montero has two (Draft and Sterling).