Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Picture of the day for Monday September 9....you will enjoy this one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Today's picture of the day features the Dodgers Willie Davis taking a slide into second base in the late '60's early '70's. This picture has perplexed me ever since I saw it as I have been trying to figure out how this picture was taken. It is obviously a game photo but I have spent so much time studying this stunning photo and the technology (for the time) it took to take this is just a bit mind boggling. I am not currently using this as my desk top background. When you make the photo larger it because even more cool!

Enjoy today's photo of the day.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Awesome!! Camera imbedded in base???

That has to be the only way they got this shot. I am a bit ignorant on photography technology in general and specifically 1960's era and I just didnt think they had cameras small enough to be able to imbed in a base with what has to be some sort of remote control. Either way they did it it made for a spectacular photo.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
One of things I always notice when looking at pictures/video of this time was how rough the infield dirt looks compared to today's standards.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Incredible picture and great Smithsonian article.
It's a shame that only one picture could be taken, but what a great shot!
I can't believe Sports Illustrated couldn't find a place in their magazine for it and it went unpublished for so many years.

Members online

Latest posts