Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone else see a potential problem with Topps autograph stamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VOTC

Jul 30, 2009
Topps new product Qubi, allow you to use them to stamp things with player's facsimile autographs. Does this seem like a good idea? Seems open to all sorts of scammers.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It seems that recently there have been potential problems with ALL of Topps products. For those who know the hobby, there will be no problem. For those who don't, scammers will thrive even without the stampers. Stamped auto are usually recognizable and the set that Topps is putting out don't look like they were made to fool anyone. I would have liked them as a kid, so hopefully that is the market that Topps is trying to attract.
DANNY

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think they'd do we'll to design them so that something stamped beyond just the name (a mark that made it obvious it was a stamp it something) so it was clear even to casual collectors...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I was thinking the same thing... they'll be extremely small or at least smaller than a reg auto

you're forgetting all the idiots on ebay who buy "autographed" topps or bowman cards at far-above base card price when the auto on the card is a facsimile signature as part of the design. These topps stamps are definitely another issue because not every buyer is in the know.

Members online

No members online now.