Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1969 Kahn's Wieners with tabs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
This set has always appealed to me. It has a great selection of star and I think the photos are top notch for the era. Something about them with the tabs... They look cool.ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378910566.027365.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378910577.650979.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378910591.730646.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378910603.180770.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1378910615.193102.jpg

bmc398

May 25, 2009
are these classified as cards or more of an oddball? Whats the difference in the red? Rarity?

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
are these classified as cards or more of an oddball? Whats the difference in the red? Rarity?

I don't think they are all '69's. Main reason I posted was for some feed back. I've always considered them Regional/oddball. They were produced in Ohio with their main priority being Reds players. I've seen more without the tabs than with them. I think they look cool. Why can't newer issue stuff look this classy and simple?

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I had a '64 Kahns Celmente that I regret selling even to this day. As you said, a simple design and a great photo makes a classy and simple card. I am not a huge fan of the one's you scanned as these pictures are smaller than the one's Kahns issued in the years past but they are still a nice grouping of decent regional issues.

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
I had a '64 Kahns Celmente that I regret selling even to this day. As you said, a simple design and a great photo makes a classy and simple card. I am not a huge fan of the one's you scanned as these pictures are smaller than the one's Kahns issued in the years past but they are still a nice grouping of decent regional issues.

Yep. The earlier ones are nice bigger photos and closer up shots.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Kahns, the weiner the world awaited.

For those that don't know these cane in packages of hot dogs, so not that many were kept and condition is always pretty poor.

Here is my only example

1960Kahns19.jpg

Members online