Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A DIFFERENT VIEW OF THE PWE DEBATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
So at one time I would sell cheap cards for 99 cents and write in description - card would be sent in a PWE and charge 99 cents for shipping/handling. After several times of people saying the card was not received or wrecked, I stopped this method as losses were adding up. As a buyer I have also purchased a few cards with the same criteria - paid $1.00 & paid a $1.00 for s/h. Never got the card, but I only emailed the seller saying "hey did you send the card" after waiting over a week. They all said it was sent already, well I knew it was a gamble at that price so I let it go and said "oh well 2 bucks down the drain". I am shocked to some degree that people knowing it is a gamble would complain about $2.00, I couldn't be bothered. Anyone else have stories like this?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think whether or not it's $2 - it shouldn't be a gamble whether or not you get your card - maybe people are looking for something specific.

I've made some low end purchases recently and all came back in PWEs - the biggest criteria maybe to look at for buyers is feedback of the seller and for seller to make sure the card is reasonably secured in the PWE.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Pwe are still ok for super low end and if the buyer is ok with it.

Just never ship a gu card in it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I started the other thread. I don't mind a PWE if its a low end card and shipping is free or $1 or something along those lines. I also sell a few things on EBay but I don't sell many cards. I guess one reason is because its harder to sell cheaper cards due to shipping. Me personally I would never ship something I sold on EBay or with getting paid by PayPal without delivery confirmation. I think that's just asking to get burned by the buyer.

If I pay for a card no matter if its a $1 card or $100 it is the sellers responsibility to make sure it gets to me the buyer. So if I don't get it regardless of the cost I am going to say something and give the seller a chance to make it right. Right and wrong doesn't change just because of a price difference. For example if you steal $1 or $100 your still a thief either way.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
If I pay for a card no matter if its a $1 card or $100 it is the sellers responsibility to make sure it gets to me the buyer. So if I don't get it regardless of the cost I am going to say something and give the seller a chance to make it right. Right and wrong doesn't change just because of a price difference. For example if you steal $1 or $100 your still a thief either way.

I agree with you that I should have gotten the cards, but I didn't want the hassle of the seller possibly saying something in the feedback so I just let it go (happened 3 times to me). As a Seller it happened about the same amount of times & I know I sent the cards as secure as I could in a PWE. Maybe as they did not have DC those buyers figure "hey I might as well say I didn't get the card" knowing I had no real option of fighting that...not sure, but it was strange that it happened 3 times within a short period. So now I don't sell anything without DC like you. I just either bundle a few cheap cards together or don't sell them at all.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Hell...sometimes it never gets to me if it's in a bubble mailer so really I just roll with the punches. IMO, the biggest risk is on the seller. All I care about is my card gets to me and does so in the shape you showed in your auction. What you do to accomplish this is your business. But it better arrive or you can bet you'll eat the cost and get a negative feedback.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If I'm buying lower end cards, I usually assume they're coming in a PWE. I've sent about two thousand TTM requests with no toploader or pennysleeve, and there have only been maybe a half dozen that have come back with damage from the sorting machines. I'd prefer a bubble mailer, but as long as the card arrives in good shape it doesn't really bother me one way or the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts