Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just picked up my 5th Bonds foldout! Only 10 made!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I picked it up last night! 5 down 5 to go! I may be overpaying slightly, but I think these are a great investment! Over time people will realize how special a talent Bonds was, and also realize steroids do not hit the ball! Plus I don't see topps making anymore Bonds High End cards anytime soon, so these will only increase!
I will post a scan of the new one when I get it in, these are the other 4!

You should see these things in person! It goes nice with these! Enjoy!
BondPatchSterlingCover.jpg
BondPatchSterlingBack.jpg
Bondsbook3.jpg
BondPatchSterlingOpened.jpg
BondsSterling8piecepatchbook.jpg

And last but not least!
Bondsbookauto.jpg

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Very nice, how do you display these? I have 5 Chavez foldouts from Topps Triple Threads that I love but have no way to display them.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I have been asked that a few times, good question! I take the extra thick soft sleeves and put them over each end, then put an extra thick hard plastic over each end. They meet in the middle, and totally protect the card. I bought 2 jewelry display spinners from a store that went out of business, and I display them in it. Looks sweet! I will try to get a picture up this weekend to show them off!

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
You do realize (I'm pretty sure atleast) that there's 10 for each variation, not 10 in total....

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Nikobaseball said:
You do realize (I'm pretty sure atleast) that there's 10 for each variation, not 10 in total....

Exactly what I was thinking. The 2nd and 3rd cards are from the same sub-set, but I think the 1st and 4th ones are different with a different set of /10 cards.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I can't beleive more people aren't in Awe about your pickups. Some of the best modern cards I've seen on the boards. Congrats on another amazing pickup

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i think the 06 topps sterling is a very under-rated set myself. i picked up these 2 bonds autos when the set came out and very glad i did so now especially with binds not signing anything right now.

BB163_3CSA-1.jpg4SMA1_BarryBonds_9-10.jpg

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Those are very nice! Topps Sterling is the best of the best! I did not realize there were more than 10? I am going to grab as many as I can still!

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Anyone have any info on how many there are? I am now hearing at least between 40-60?

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
bodiaz said:
I may be overpaying slightly, but I think these are a great investment! Over time people will realize how special a talent Bonds was, and also realize steroids do not hit the ball!

Nice pickups, congrats! However, I have to disagree. I don't think anything Bonds is an investment these days. I also realize that Steroids don't hit the ball and I am sure most people already know that. Steroids however does help players stay healthy, prolong careers, and increase HR totals from players. No doubt Bonds was an all time great, but this whole Steroids thing will follow him all the way to the HOF if he ever makes it.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
The anti steriod people make me laugh! In one breathe they say steriods prolon the career, and in the next they say don't take it because it makes your body fall apart? Which is it guys? Is it a wonder drug, or a health killer? And steriods will not give you patience at the plate, or an extreme knowledge of the strikezone. People have a problem when guys that are good get busted, but have no problem when the Nook Logans and Neifi Perezes get busted. Pretty hypocritical!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
bodiaz said:
The anti steriod people make me laugh! In one breathe they say steriods prolon the career, and in the next they say don't take it because it makes your body fall apart? Which is it guys? Is it a wonder drug, or a health killer? And steriods will not give you patience at the plate, or an extreme knowledge of the strikezone. People have a problem when guys that are good get busted, but have no problem when the Nook Logans and Neifi Perezes get busted. Pretty hypocritical!

Sorry man, the risk you are taking is you're collecting a known cheater and expecting some day folks will look past that. If you are collecting them because you love bonds and will never think of moving them, good for you. If you are trying to convince folks he's a good investment, good luck with that...

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
bodiaz said:

I don't think that he was bashing all steroids users. I think he was saying that Bonds is not a good investment. The thing that will hurt Bonds more than the steroids is the perception that many fans have that he was an arrogant, self-centered ********. He has some hardcore collectors that will keep prices where they are, but I seriously doubt there will ever be a big spike on his stuff.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Bonds' future card values will depend on how steroids are perceived 5, 10, 15 years from now. Already, I have seen a change in the general sentiment towards steroid users. Back when it was just Bonds and perhaps Sheffield and Giambi, you should've seen all of the hate directed towards him. Now that players like Clemens and Arod have been implicated, the sentiment has changed from one of hate to one of apathy or general disappointment.

I think you could potentially see a rise in Bonds' card values if he makes the HOF (which I think he will but it's not a given). I think when he makes the HOF that will be proof that we have accepted the 1990-2003 era as the steroid era and will try to stop demonizing individual players. As history shows, time cures all. Otherwise, we'd be villifying other cheaters like Gaylord Perry or Whitey Ford or Ty Cobb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts