Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sp cuts George Washington hair auto on pawn stars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Don't know if it's a new episode but guy had the above card and brought it in the pawn shop.

I believe he paid under two thousand and was looking for around sixty five grand.

Ricks top offer was four thousand.

Needless to say, no sale

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Attachments

• 1379646144385.jpg
    1379646144385.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 110

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
That was a rerun. Amazing card for damn sure but Rick wasn't impressed by the "manufactured" scarcity of the 1/1 stamp. Interesting to think about how card collectors value items like this more than just an autograph collector (like why some pay 3x the going rate of a full game used jersey for a small piece). All in what you collect but 65k is nuts no matter who you are. Yes I understand the show is set up, just thinking out loud

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Would he have honestly got 4k on ebay or with an auction company? I mean, It's really cool, and I'm sure only a handful of his hurrs exist still. I think I would take 4k for that card, but then again, I wouldnt have paid 2k for it in the first place. Awesome card!!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Lincoln sold for 17,500

Laxcat

Sep 6, 2013
I'm surprised they cut up that letter. What the hell was it about? Am I the only one that is curious?

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Without knowing that the Lincoln sold for $17.5K, I said in my head that I would be comfy taking 10K cash for the card. 4K is nuts. There are so many collectors for this type of thing OUTSIDE the card collecting world....and then throw in us idiots, 4K is a true lowball offer for this card.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
No doubt a low ball offer.

There's good reason pawn shops have such a skeezy rep, just watch pawn stars and hardcore pawn.

Why is it "ok" to offer someone $100 for something and after negotiation, you buy it for a grand.

In the back you go on camera and tell what a great purchase you just made and can easily double your money.

So that means you just offered $100 for an item you know can sell for $2k.

I totally understand negotiation but there's a difference between that and just out right trying to XXXX everyone.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
No doubt a low ball offer.

There's good reason pawn shops have such a skeezy rep, just watch pawn stars and hardcore pawn.

Why is it "ok" to offer someone $100 for something and after negotiation, you buy it for a grand.

In the back you go on camera and tell what a great purchase you just made and can easily double your money.

So that means you just offered $100 for an item you know can sell for $2k.

I totally understand negotiation but there's a difference between that and just out right trying to XXXX everyone.

I agree with you. Unfortunately I have seen this happen at a card show on Long Island many years ago. A dealer told this guy he would buy his cards for x dollars & when I saw the cards I was like what a bunch of BS! I watched to see what happened and the guy did sell them to him. The dealer waited a little and then put them in his case for sale and the prices 10 times what he paid. I know he needs to make money and I if he paid a quarter of the doing rate that would be ok, but he raked this guy.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
95% of those transactions are fake/staged.

Often times showcasing items they already own or items the seller has no intent on selling.

It's "reality" and it's not exciting 95% of the time, so you have to fill in a lot of dead time.

Next time I'm near Beverly Hills Pawn, I'll take a picture...it's barely a store, but more of a stage for a "reality show."

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just to add, another skeezy (is this actually a word?) thing said on both shows is "it's gonna sit around here" and "who's going to come in here and want a X" while negotiating with a seller.

Sure, "who's going to walk into the shop looking for a vhs collection owned by Sammy Davis Jr." would have been a legit statement 20 years ago.

But with the eBay, their site, etc, it doesn't fly now.

Members online

Latest posts